Good Morning!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry about the fish. :( Yes, clowns can be monsters. Same thing happened to my new Kole tang, but I managed to save him (barely). Clown has been in my BioCube ever since (along with his partner-in-crime, the equally evil 3-stripe damsel). The only reason I forgive the clown is I've had him for going on 13 years now. The evil duo are doing fine in the BioCube (which was fishless), so they just may stay there!

Great news on the new build! ;Joyful

Dang, they went after a Kole Eye Tang?! That's what I was thinking about replacing our foxface with when I get the 75g set up. Might have to grow him out a bit first or something :(

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drains are in. Bugs me that the middle one had to be off center but there is a double joist that runs right in the center of the floor.
Built the platform with a downward slope of 1/2” over 8’ so it drains towards the grates when we hose it out.
240210C1-6CFF-4598-BB0D-BB2354E89A75.jpeg Little bit of black silicone squished out when I set the grates but won’t hurt anything.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drains are in. Bugs me that the middle one had to be off center but there is a double joist that runs right in the center of the floor.
Built the platform with a downward slope of 1/2” over 8’ so it drains towards the grates when we hose it out.
240210C1-6CFF-4598-BB0D-BB2354E89A75.jpeg Little bit of black silicone squished out when I set the grates but won’t hurt anything.
nice project. old timers disease: i forgot wha you were building. believe me i remembered without looking back through your posts!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I are off soon for Pfizer #2 so pretty psyched about that. Yeah, friends have been mentioning the 1-2 day side effects but major improvements on the psychology & social side. I will take that trade!

Spent 1 hour Saturday installing new 3 stage DI and swapping out all the 4 stage filters.
I hope all goes well over the next day or so. I got Pfizer #2 last Tuesday and it was a great feeling to get that done! No side effects (thank goodness).

P.S. Please come by and change my filters!

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, they went after a Kole Eye Tang?! That's what I was thinking about replacing our foxface with when I get the 75g set up. Might have to grow him out a bit first or something :(

He's a pretty little guy (probably 2-1/2 inches) and went running, so they gave chase. Made a mess of him before I could rescue him. It made me sick...I'm just glad he's doing fine now. I'm thinking of returning the clown in a week or so. I can catch him easily if I have to. The Kole tang has established his turf in the 90 now and I think he'd be fine. I'm not so sure about the damsel. He may have to stay in the BioCube. He was a bugger to catch!

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Lots and lots and lots of pollen here...our black fire pit is a lovely shade of green. All of the birds around here must be really dirty from winter. They were lined up one after another splashing in our fountain yesterday. The bluebirds have babies. We keep them supplied with mealworms. The male just faceplants himself in the mealworm dish. We have some spoiled birds around here! ;Joyful

Have a great day!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Everyone!

I got an email from the seller of the greenhouse. They are refunding the moola and not going to ship it because it’s the last one in stock and the packaging has gotten wet and is damaged. They fear that there may be issues with missing parts, etc. A little disappointing but it’s pretty nice of them to reach out like that. Now I have this platform built and no greenhouse. Time to start looking for a different one to order.
Rain coming tonite but it’s supposed to be warm again today.
Have a great day and Stay Safe!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone - Happy No Housework Day!

wolf dog deal with it GIF by Old Spice

Yes, apparently that is a real thing because I read it on the Interwebs!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning all... :) 80's today,still no ac in yet..:rolleyes: yep i'm cheap..;Facepalmelec bill high enough!! :pcouple more weeks??
have a great day all..eyes to the sky...stay safe...:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back