Good Morning!

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy with them. They do a pretty good job for the price. Im sure there are better ones but they do help a lot, especially under the blues.
I just ordered them. Do you have to hold the macro lens really close up to take the picture? It didn't say. I looked at another lens set and it said no more than 1" away.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered them. Do you have to hold the macro lens really close up to take the picture? It didn't say. I looked at another lens set and it said no more than 1" away.
I haven’t really played with the macro all that much. I just hold it close enough to the glass so I can see what my tired old peepers can see, LOL!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had two client consultations today. The second one waited until I was standing in her doorway to tell me she forgot to cancel. Instead of being frustrated by her inconsideration, I remembered that boardroom aquariums was only ten minutes away.
I stopped in thinking I'd get a friend for Leo in the nano. (Still can't catch Mr Wiggles the tyrant in the big tank.) I left about 15 minutes later with a very small but overpriced longnosed hawk fish. I named him "Moe"...
I noticed that he's challenged to catch flake because he can't swim far. Any recommendations for feeding a Hawk fish? He just kind of hops from one perch to the next. Can't wait to get the flame hawk for the big tank!!
Off to Dreamland.. PT in the AM.
Good night, Reefies!!!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Today we travel to North Carolina to see Paige, Morgan(Cody) and Grant. Grant had an accident on the playground and fractured 2 vertebrae. The hazards of being a teacher.
The poor little Subaru has to haul another car to NC
1627637046567.jpeg
Batch number 2 was cut 1 day short. As I have a couple of gallons now I only put up 2 new bottles.
IMG_3831-M.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had two client consultations today. The second one waited until I was standing in her doorway to tell me she forgot to cancel. Instead of being frustrated by her inconsideration, I remembered that boardroom aquariums was only ten minutes away.
I stopped in thinking I'd get a friend for Leo in the nano. (Still can't catch Mr Wiggles the tyrant in the big tank.) I left about 15 minutes later with a very small but overpriced longnosed hawk fish. I named him "Moe"...
I noticed that he's challenged to catch flake because he can't swim far. Any recommendations for feeding a Hawk fish? He just kind of hops from one perch to the next. Can't wait to get the flame hawk for the big tank!!
Off to Dreamland.. PT in the AM.
Good night, Reefies!!!
who's mr. wiggles?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who's mr. wiggles?
Mr Wiggles is the snow storm clown that immediately attacked my Da Vinci clown (Leo) and proceeded to stalk him for days.
Totally did not see it coming. When I added everybody to the new tank, I expected everyone to be on neutral ground. Wiggles had never shown any signs of aggression to any other fish prior. As soon as he hit the big tank... He turned into a little terrorist.
He is fast and small but prefers the back end of the tank. That makes it darn near impossible to get him. I was able to rescue Leo because he was just exhausted and pretty badly finipped.
I have an order of anthia's, a hawk and a gramma coming in August. I really hope he does not start a war.
I am not sure if Leo will ever go back into general population. That fish was just terrorized. If it's possible for a fish to have panic attacks... He would qualify. The poor little guy is even afraid of Moe. Lol

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr Wiggles is the snow storm clown that immediately attacked my Da Vinci clown (Leo) and proceeded to stalk him for days.
Totally did not see it coming. When I added everybody to the new tank, I expected everyone to be on neutral ground. Wiggles had never shown any signs of aggression to any other fish prior. As soon as he hit the big tank... He turned into a little terrorist.
He is fast and small but prefers the back end of the tank. That makes it darn near impossible to get him. I was able to rescue Leo because he was just exhausted and pretty badly finipped.
I have an order of anthia's, a hawk and a gramma coming in August. I really hope he does not start a war.
I am not sure if Leo will ever go back into general population. That fish was just terrorized. If it's possible for a fish to have panic attacks... He would qualify. The poor little guy is even afraid of Moe. Lol
if you want it out, start feeding at the front of the tank, near the surface, with a turkey baster.
the fish will come to know food is coming from it.
20+ fish in my tank and only 3 i couldn't net on the first try.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Happy Friday!! Got another doggie client coming this morning.
Good morning. Today we travel to North Carolina to see Paige, Morgan(Cody) and Grant. Grant had an accident on the playground and fractured 2 vertebrae. The hazards of being a teacher.
The poor little Subaru has to haul another car to NC
1627637046567.jpeg
Batch number 2 was cut 1 day short. As I have a couple of gallons now I only put up 2 new bottles.
IMG_3831-M.jpg
Hope Grant will be ok and heals quickly. Sending my prayers.

Your phyto has a nice dark green color to it. I need to get some and start my culture up again along with some pods.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want it out, start feeding at the front of the tank, near the surface, with a turkey baster.
the fish will come to know food is coming from it.
20+ fish in my tank and only 3 i couldn't net on the first try.
I actually have tried that. My Saddleback will not nibble on the baster, which is pretty cool. Wiggles hangs back and waits for food to sink into the rockwork, then goes scavenging. I may break down and try one of those bubble things. The LFS said they would give me a credit on him if I can catch him.
@dbowman5 - I love your house. The window boxes ... just love it.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I tried to go for a walk about 30 minutes ago. BIG MISTAKE. Does sweating bullets count for extra steps? I sure hope so. Walk was cut short. I'll try again....next month.

I hope you all have a great Friday and stay cool! I'll stay inside and do something really fun....like laundry. :D:rolleyes:

Sweating Heat Wave GIF by GIF-THIS

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have tried that. My Saddleback will not nibble on the baster, which is pretty cool. Wiggles hangs back and waits for food to sink into the rockwork, then goes scavenging. I may break down and try one of those bubble things. The LFS said they would give me a credit on him if I can catch him.
@dbowman5 - I love your house. The window boxes ... just love it.
I love the window boxes too! i will tell my sister-in-law and brother, since i was at their house in that picture. They are cool people with artistic nest building talents.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Another hot one here, and then hopefully a slight cool down. I'm attempting another walk....this time before the sun comes up! It's already 74 here with no sun yet....yuck.

@WVNed, Happy Birthday, Paige! Enjoy the party. Kids are so cute at that age. Our 2-year-old "resident" grandson can say the funniest things. The other day, he handed me an acorn and I commented on his nice acorn. He promptly informed me that it was an egg with a baby duckie inside. Soooooooooooo cute! ;Hilarious

I may do a W/C on the BioCube today and add back the filtration. I think the PraziPro did its thing. The firefish has stopped flashing (aka whamming itself on the rocks). I was concerned about the possum wrasse since wrasses can be sensitive to PraziPro, but he seems fine also. I probably need to do a W/C on the 90 also. I've never been a huge W/C person. Slap me down, but it has worked pretty well since 2008...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Stay cool! ;Joyful

Tired Sunny Day GIF

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back