Got a new BTA

tmscott89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first BTA and I bought a very small one in person because I personally love to watch everything grow in my tank. My question is will it take to being fed silversides like my sea star? Or should I specifically buy raw shrimp for it? It has unfortunately already moved to a spot where not much light or flow is going to hit it but I’m hoping it’s just getting adjusted to the tank and will move to a better spot soon. It’s only been in for 24 hours.

OP
OP
T

tmscott89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to feed it at all. It will get what it needs without it.
Really? I’ve seen plenty of threads and videos with people feeding them? Is this only later once they mature? I also do not have clownfish in the DT yet but I do have 4 currently in my QT for about 3 weeks now.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely feed mine. Silverside pieces are ok (not great, but ok). They mostly get what they need from strong lighting

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, it is always best for the health (and growth) of any anemone to feed it at least once a week. in nature, they almost constantly are eating plankton, so it's only natural that they keep their stomachs full.
Good luck and God bless you!

footguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, I use LRS Reef Frenzy Nano (I only have a 20 gal and a 25 gal), I have two tiny clownfish (>1 inch) and I just take a chunk of that and give it to the anemone (RBTA). Make sure whatever you give it is 1/2 the size of the mouth because it can literally choke on it and die. It also gets some of the tiny leftovers from feeding the clowns and it’s starting to split, only got it about 1 1/2 months ago as a 3 inch head.

OP
OP
T

tmscott89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, also turn your lights down and acclimate it to your preferred lighting schedule and intensity over several weeks.
Ok, great tip! I’m assuming my corals that are use to the intensity I have normally will not suffer from the lights being a little dimmer for the short period of time??

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed, but sparingly (like a squirt of mysis or small piece of raw shrimp).
By sparingly, I’m thinking once/twice a month.
You can actually stuff to much stuff and totally stress it out for weeks, sometimes death.
Virtually all nutrition comes from photosynthetic process.
D5A230AC-6FCF-4C1D-BF63-1C2E62DCCCF3.jpeg

OP
OP
T

tmscott89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! As you can see just above the cleaner shrimp it is indeed very small, if I can remember I’ll try to keep the thread updated on size!

image.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back