MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
03-21-2011Group1.jpg

03-21-2011Group1a.jpg

FEEDING VID Part Deuce, in commemoration of new arrivals. ;)
[video=youtube;SPtnWALrXbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPtnWALrXbY[/video]

WARNING!!! here's a series of post as your WARNING.

Pls read before trying this at home. Personally, I don't advocate going into loading your tank with fishes if you're not ready to take on the responsibility. also, have a back up plan on what you will do with your fish if something needs to be done to keep the peace. READ, READ, READ and gain from other's experience if you're going to try this! one's tank will be different from the other. one tank will work out just okay while for someone it won't. as for me, pls go through my tank thread or ask me through pm if you have any questions about my tank. whew! hope that covers my WARNING message. ;)

I just want to put this out there ... I know many see this vast list of wrasses that Brad has and the quantity that Marvin has in his tank as well and think that "I can do that too then". Please remember that everyones tank is different and you have to have to make sure you have the right combo and remove some too if you get issues. Also, YOU MUST HAVE HIDING LOCATIONS for these F&F wrasses! I've had 9 F&F in a 268G tank with an open aquascape and could not add any more because of aggression issues with the lack of hiding room. Brad has a very established tank with lots of escape area's in his rockwork and large corals. Marvin has his rockwork designed to have lots of hiding spots as well. Just something to keep in mind when planning your tanks and F&F stocking lists ;)
Thanks Sara. I thought I had posted something about this in here but I guess I posted it in my thread. I'll find the post and post it in the original post as a warning. :)

Sara, Thank you. You are completely right. Sometimes,, well most of the time I get carried away showing my fish, and forget that I need to remember to remind people that I have built a system from the ground up to support these creatures. Not everyone can realize the amount of equipment and money it takes to create a stable system to support an aquarium like mine. It takes tons of work, lots of live rock and constant care to hopefully maintain an environment suitable for the well being of these gorgeouse creatures.
I thank you again for bringing this up and agree with you 100 percent.
yes, it does take a lot of time and dedication to do this. if your system is not built for these awesome fishes and not ready to do the work, pls don't try this at home. ;)

Last edited:

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking picture Marv!! The fish definitely look like they knew a photo was going down. Corals look nice too....do a see a hot scoly in the back?? Why not up front?!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm definitely more of a fish fan nowadays. my kids are getting old enough to appreciate the movement in the tank. they can care less about corals though. I decided to join their fun and added more fishes, after about 9 months of fish buying hiatus. I didn't know what I was missing until I was inspired by Brad Syphus & SDGuy's tanks. those two have awesome tanks. kudos to them. :)

Looking nice. Is it difficult keeping the nitrates and phosphates down?
I run carbon & GFO all the time and my skimmer is rated for twice my tank w/ heavy bioload. I also do 7g-14g w/c every week, depending on how much I feed. I used to feed up to 6 cubes of frozen food plus pellets and flakes when some of the fishes were new but now am down to 2-3 cubes plus less pellets and flakes. Yay! it was getting expensive... but worth it IMHO. :)

So how big is your tank Marv?? Thats is a gorgeous pic! Love the clowns!!
2" short of standard 120g. you can check out more info of my tank in my signature. lotsa pics and vids there too. ;)

Great looking picture Marv!! The fish definitely look like they knew a photo was going down. Corals look nice too....do a see a hot scoly in the back?? Why not up front?!
I still have 3 Aussie scolymia. I'm not sure if you saw the tank when I had over a dozen of them. it was a doughnut fest. LoL. it didn't look natural at all.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some grouping of beatiful fish Marvin ... they don't have a choice but to all get along in there!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some grouping of beatiful fish Marvin ... they don't have a choice but to all get along in there!
:hammer:

Thanks Sara. I have some homes ready to take in some of these beautiful fish, just in case some don't agree with each other. so far everyone has co existed well. nothing more than the occasional chasing. I started adding more fish in December. I'm "pretty much" done adding. if I want to add some more, I need to take out some. I look forward to coming home to be greeted by hungry fishes. man, they devour 2-3 cubes of frozen food in less than a minute. ;)

[video=youtube;TDUMhB4g-Rw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDUMhB4g-Rw[/video]

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautifully Collection of Fishes. The Colors Look Awesome.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautifully Collection of Fishes. The Colors Look Awesome.
Thank you. :)

here's some of the stars in the tank. I'd like to dream that I'm getting better with taking fish pics but these guys are just way fast sometimes. not gparr caliber for sure. ;)

Lineatus
03-21-2011Lineatus2.jpg

Hooded
03-21-2011Hooded1.jpg

Laboutei
03-21-2011Laboutei1.jpg

Rhomboid
03-21-2011Rhomboid1.jpg

HI Flame
03-21-2011HIFlame1.jpg

Attenuatus
03-19-2011Attenuatus2.jpg

Line Spot
03-21-2011LineSpot1.jpg

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Marv! Do you ever get any aggression issues between the fish? I have thought about putting more fish in my current 40Br, but have a problem: I currently have 2 false percs, a flame blenny, and a six line wrasse. Just about all those fish are pretty aggressive and I am not sure is a new comer would survive any of them. Have you had to add any new fish to the tank with an already aggressive/overly dominant fish in there?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Marv! Do you ever get any aggression issues between the fish? I have thought about putting more fish in my current 40Br, but have a problem: I currently have 2 false percs, a flame blenny, and a six line wrasse. Just about all those fish are pretty aggressive and I am not sure is a new comer would survive any of them. Have you had to add any new fish to the tank with an already aggressive/overly dominant fish in there?
acclimation box is the way to go. I guess it really depends on what you're trying to introduce. for my fish combo, I've been keeping F&F wrasses since 2005. I'm pretty new to anthias so I'm hoping that I mixed them well. I researched and read a lot before my current fish additions so I was confident they would get along together. so far, so good. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 87 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back