!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree. Keep parameters stable and nutrients within reason and they should be fine. Main thing is to keep parameters stable, nutrients can be worked on slowly after that and brought in line or to a point that works for that tank, seems all are different.

Lol ok. But we can agree to disagree. If you have algae growing on your sandbed that bad, and of all places, there's a huge problem. It's just a matter of time.

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh I'm getting a ton of growth with all of the SPS I currently have. Everything is incrusting well, great polyp extension, and a couple new branches/monti growing out. The sand bed doesn't look pleasing, but all my corals are doing great.

Sure, montis are virtually indestructible and the algae is eating most of the nutrients, so in time it'll take over. Just trying to save you headaches and money and most likely a getting out of the hobby fire sale lol

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch that algae is horrible. I'd be cautious with adding sps frags as it seems your tank isn't ready and they will prolly rtn or stn.
I have some bryopsis in my tank and my sps is coloring and growing faster than ever... if you ask 95% of the people on this forum if this would be possible they'd probably say no. People overreact about silly things.

Last edited:

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a big algae bloom right after I got my first BC pack. Just check your alkalinity every day and make sure it is stable, and use scissors to trim the algae away from the frags if it gets too close. I don't consider algae a problem in of itself, but I found alkalinity swings can impair the mucus coating on the Acropora and leave them susceptible to algae growing on their base. If you prevent that, you'll be fine. (also, my advice is to not start drastically changing things to get rid of the algae-- just keep it away from the frags and be patient. Mine went away on its own. With the addition of a kole tang, that is)

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a big algae bloom right after I got my first BC pack. Just check your alkalinity every day and make sure it is stable, and use scissors to trim the algae away from the frags if it gets too close. I don't consider algae a problem in of itself, but I found alkalinity swings can impair the mucus coating on the Acropora and leave them susceptible to algae growing on their base. If you prevent that, you'll be fine. (also, my advice is to not start drastically changing things to get rid of the algae-- just keep it away from the frags and be patient. Mine went away on its own. With the addition of a kole tang, that is)

I agree. Fluconazole is tempting but I dont think it's worth the risk for something that I just have to trim weekly

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hermit and Emerald army thinks it's Thanksgiving. Lol.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High nutrients are the least of worry !!! My tank currently running at 25-30 ppm nitrates and 0.18 PO4 and acros looking better than ever !! The key is stability and getting acros accustomed to high nutrients . Don't want to disclose how high Adam runs them but it might be shocking for many .I think we can all agree - He grows acros better than most or almost all of us here for sure :D

Nothing's a huge problem in reefing especially if its algae except for the dreadful AEFW . If you get AEFW , sad but the only cure is to trash everything .

That's why you need Battle Coral baggie as you are getting the best quarantined acros possible for your tanks .

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember testing the water my corals came in from Adam about a year ago and I remember with my test kits I got dkh 8.5, no3 2.5 and po4 was .03. Wether that's what it still is or how accurate it was but that's what I got.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got my first battle box today. stuck at work looking at them inside their bags in my insulated lunch box. Man this sucks... Can't wait to get them out of my cubicle and into my tank.

Thanks again Adam.
Are you still at work or are you slacking on getting us some pictures!? ;)

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2918.JPG
IMG_2921.JPG
Are you still at work or are you slacking on getting us some pictures!? ;)
Nah sorry guys long day at work, kids and wife asleep, coral time. Just dropped them in. iPhone pics so sorry for the quality. Turned my radions up as the night blues weren't showing up very well. Ignore my homemade frag rack. I know it's ugly. My zen reef rack is on backorder.
Well did Adam deliver? Of course!!! I asked for some staghorns - yup. I asked for a mix of colors - yup. I didn't ask but was secretly hoping for something yellow - yup. Great job Adam. You are apparently a mind reader.
Bravo my man. Your corals are unequaled. Thanks again.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2918.JPG
IMG_2921.JPG

Nah sorry guys long day at work, kids and wife asleep, coral time. Just dropped them in. iPhone pics so sorry for the quality. Turned my radions up as the night blues weren't showing up very well. Ignore my homemade frag rack. I know it's ugly. My zen reef rack is on backorder.
Well did Adam deliver? Of course!!! I asked for some staghorns - yup. I asked for a mix of colors - yup. I didn't ask but was secretly hoping for something yellow - yup. Great job Adam. You are apparently a mind reader.
Bravo my man. Your corals are unequaled. Thanks again.
Very nice! Is that bottom left an Olympus? Can we get a list?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my third Battle Pack! I'm super excited. Every single coral I've received from Adam in my previous two shipments has been beautiful, easy to keep, and PEST FREE. You can't beat a Battle Pack! Can't wait for them to arrive.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back