!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may not be a popular answer, but I don't think the nitrates are your issue. I think your po4 is too restricted. Are you using po4 removing media?
Following the triton method so yes

If the phosphates go any higher I get weird algea in my display

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following the triton method so yes

If the phosphates go any higher I get weird algea in my display

That's bound to happen at first. Once the tank is allowed to get into a balance of some sort, I would bet it would subside.

Plus, algae isn't the end of the world.

Just my 2 cents.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's bound to happen at first. Once the tank is allowed to get into a balance of some sort, I would bet it would subside.

Plus, algae isn't the end of the world.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree and if it was hair or something else I'd be fine with it but it's a cross between cotton candy cyno and red slime really weird when it starts growing that's when I know to change the phosban.

Right now everything is growing so I'm not worried when life is being so crazy I'll worry about the color I guess

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree and if it was hair or something else I'd be fine with it but it's a cross between cotton candy cyno and red slime really weird when it starts growing that's when I know to change the phosban.

Right now everything is growing so I'm not worried when life is being so crazy I'll worry about the color I guess
Do your fish eat it? I was having the same problem for the longest time, bring nutrients up, get weird algae, take them back down and it would go away. Finally I just decided to see what happened if I left it for a few weeks and it is almost completely gone now. One weird thing I noticed is that my coral beauty actually seemed to enjoy the stuff...

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that my tank has never looked better than when I stopped screwing around with aggressive methods of masking nutrients, per Adams advice.

Yes there was an ugly duckling phase, but after a few weeks, the tank looks better with less work than before.

Between this, and discovering the effects of dosing iodine on this tank has resulted in the best, healthiest and most colorful version of my tank to date.

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that my tank has never looked better than when I stopped screwing around with aggressive methods of masking nutrients, per Adams advice.

Yes there was an ugly duckling phase, but after a few weeks, the tank looks better with less work than before.

Between this, and discovering the effects of dosing iodine on this tank has resulted in the best, healthiest and most colorful version of my tank to date.
I just got some advice to look into iodine dosing. What do you use? I picked up the red sea colors pack.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having random tips dying, especially on 2 pieces. A triton test showed that iodine wasn't just low, it was like 0 and 2 on the tests I had performed. Literally within 3 days of correcting the levels, the coral was growing new tissue over the dead tips. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I never would've believed it.

For simplicity's sake, I use the triton product so I can accurately dose at the amounts they calculate.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My tank has never looked better since I added UV which got rid of my ostreopsis sp. dinos. Growth and color has skyrocketed. I've also been able to do aggressive water changes for the first time in like 4 months... 20 and 30% water changes every 3 days for about two weeks now and things are just incredible.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I have growth not worried about that mine doesn't have the cool colors everyone has in pictures I can't do it even with my blue light I mean it's close but still not the best

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone gotten a new bag in a while? I haven't seen one for a bit and I'm starting to itch!

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the algae... it goes away quickly when you stare at this awesome pack I just got today from Adam!

It's a 5 pack... yeah, I can count... he sent me a 5 pack... ;)

APC_0057.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I often look at my reef budget and wonder where the line would be drawn for my order to be considered insulting lol.

I haven't relay got a minimum but when we dip below 99.00 its tougher to really break frags down when you consider shipping and what not. Best advice I can give you is, It never hurts to ask:) very likely I can come up with something for you no matter what

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine kind of went to this
IMG_2578.JPG

I have to get my nitrates in order I thing thing is growing tho any help on getting the colors back?

Mine was doing a lot better when it was being blasted at the top of the tank.

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the algae... it goes away quickly when you stare at this awesome pack I just got today from Adam!

It's a 5 pack... yeah, I can count... he sent me a 5 pack... ;)

APC_0057.jpg

Ouch that algae is horrible. I'd be cautious with adding sps frags as it seems your tank isn't ready and they will prolly rtn or stn.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch that algae is horrible. I'd be cautious with adding sps frags as it seems your tank isn't ready and they will prolly rtn or stn.
I disagree. Keep parameters stable and nutrients within reason and they should be fine. Main thing is to keep parameters stable, nutrients can be worked on slowly after that and brought in line or to a point that works for that tank, seems all are different.

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh I'm getting a ton of growth with all of the SPS I currently have. Everything is incrusting well, great polyp extension, and a couple new branches/monti growing out. The sand bed doesn't look pleasing, but all my corals are doing great.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back