!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownman727

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0312.JPG
You guys are seeing things. I don’t think he said “pearl berry”

I said Hyperberry!!! Lol

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are seeing things. I don’t think he said “pearl berry”
Ha ha, that was just me and double posting. And yes, it was hyper berry! Still a good looking frag :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It turns out that my light period was too long which was bleaching out many of my frags. However, I'm happy to report that most of them have recovered since I reduced my lighting and started feeding more.

Here are some of my BC favorites:

IMG_9872.jpg
IMG_9848.jpg
IMG_9877.jpg
IMG_9895.jpg
IMG_9855.jpg

Outstanding man! These are coming along quite well! thanks a lot for posting!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got these about a week and a half ago and they are looking great!
IMG_20171108_213210.jpg
IMG_20171101_185331.jpg
IMG_20171101_185347.jpg
IMG_20171101_185318.jpg

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am terrible with names, we'll have to ask Adam. Got them planted Sunday night.

IMG_20171113_200717.jpg
IMG_20171113_200724.jpg
IMG_20171113_200733.jpg

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eagerly looking forward to my next battlebox Tuesday ;Drool.

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pack. :)

Adam, do you find it a bit more problematic getting orders through this time of year when the amount of deliveries companies like FedEx skyrocket? I’m always afraid that, when they’re super busy, my package will get “lost for a day” or delayed or that kind of thing.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Adam, do you find it a bit more problematic getting orders through this time of year when the amount of deliveries companies like FedEx skyrocket? I’m always afraid that, when they’re super busy, my package will get “lost for a day” or delayed or that kind of thing.

I know this is off topic but I had two packages get lost from BRS over the last 2 weeks and they shipped on different days.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Absolutely the closer we get to Xmas the greater the risk My cutoff is next week. After a few years in a row of holiday time misfortunes, it was when I heard " sorry the plane was full" as to the reason why around 5 boxes were stuck, was when I finally wised top and had to establish a cutoff day. Usually they week before at the least

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sad update to my Battlebox. Nearly all frags are completely dead ("X"). A few are clinging on for dear life ("~") and a few look like they will probably survive.

Red bugs hit them pretty hard, but I got it all taken care of with spectrum. Then, about a week later I had an oops: my Apex programming shut my ATO off when my pH got about 8.41 (to prevent overdosing kalk, my pH usually hovers around 7.8-8.1). Unfortunately, when we were out of town for a few days (no breathing out CO2), the pH rose to 8.43. This shut off my ATO and caused my return pump to run dry. I'm guessing the tank had about 3 days without circulating with the sump-- no heater, no dosing, etc. Temp was around 65 degrees when I got back and alk dropped to 6.4 dKH. About a week later there was massive RTN. It is amazing how fast these can all be lost. Oh well, its the game we play.

Amazingly, my BC secale and the Inland's Kaleidoscope I got from BC from my old tank are doing well after the episode. They lost quite a bit of color, but look like they will make a full rebound.

2017-12-08-BCfragsUpdate.jpg

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope the ones on the brink recover.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sad update to my Battlebox. Nearly all frags are completely dead ("X"). A few are clinging on for dear life ("~") and a few look like they will probably survive.

Red bugs hit them pretty hard, but I got it all taken care of with spectrum. Then, about a week later I had an oops: my Apex programming shut my ATO off when my pH got about 8.41 (to prevent overdosing kalk, my pH usually hovers around 7.8-8.1). Unfortunately, when we were out of town for a few days (no breathing out CO2), the pH rose to 8.43. This shut off my ATO and caused my return pump to run dry. I'm guessing the tank had about 3 days without circulating with the sump-- no heater, no dosing, etc. Temp was around 65 degrees when I got back and alk dropped to 6.4 dKH. About a week later there was massive RTN. It is amazing how fast these can all be lost. Oh well, its the game we play.

Amazingly, my BC secale and the Inland's Kaleidoscope I got from BC from my old tank are doing well after the episode. They lost quite a bit of color, but look like they will make a full rebound.

2017-12-08-BCfragsUpdate.jpg
Ouch!

At least you have a good reason you lost yours. I lost my first 2 battleboxes due to my own incompetence. Going for number 3 here in another month or two now that I understand the issues I had.

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
How does this work? I PM BC with a total i wanna spend (example: $250), what i want (just different colored sps) and then he packs and ships frags? Is there a minimum spending price for free shipping and do we pick how many frags we get?

Thanks for the help! Just moved and had to sell my livestock. So a battlepack order will happen eventually!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this work? I PM BC with a total i wanna spend (example: $250), what i want (just different colored sps) and then he packs and ships frags? Is there a minimum spending price for free shipping and do we pick how many frags we get?

Thanks for the help! Just moved and had to sell my livestock. So a battlepack order will happen eventually!
There is never any such thing as free shipping. Someone always pays. You tell Adam what you want to spend and if that includes shipping or if you want to pay more for shipping.
I've never asked for a certain number of frags, but I guess that could be an option as long as it was within reason.

You could also go to his website. You can order battleboxes online now and chose the number of frags you would like.

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Sweet! Didnt know you can get the BBs on thr site. I'll have to check it out.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back