Grafted acro?!?

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice one. i have a kentuckyee bluegrass colony that has 1 weird natural grafted spot...lol am thinking of smashing up a pocci branch and "sprinkling" it on the rest of the colony LOL....

OP
OP
L

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wooowww this one is insane!!!!
I want a frag of this one!!! :xd:
I know!!, when I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes. I will call you in a few minutes.

+^1 insane!!
:snicker:

Nice find! Where did you get it from?
I got this from a friend from PR.
I did got a frag of it 1.5 years ago when I started my tank, but it was all purple with no green. Didn't like it, so to the trash can it goes.
A few weeks ago I went back to his house, and saw the same acro with green pigments all over it. He told me "I don't know why it looks like that. It got stung by another acro because the snails were moving the colonies in the frag tank". So I asked for another frag:D, and now it looks like that.

When I got it on July 30. I do have more nutrients in my tank so it has colored up a bit.

As you can see, some polyps are green and others are purple.

OP
OP
L

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice one. i have a kentuckyee bluegrass colony that has 1 weird natural grafted spot...lol am thinking of smashing up a pocci branch and "sprinkling" it on the rest of the colony LOL....

Thanks! It wasn't on purpose, he did tried to graft a few pieces before, but nothing happened. Let they clean up crew do the grafting.

Yup all a graft is an infection that's exactly what you got... I find it pretty cool myself but lots of people don't and look at it bad since it is a infection...
Its pretty cool! I did read about it a few months ago on Advanced Aquarist site.

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a thing for grafted pieces at one time I had every known one available and nothing held its graft one color always takes over... Even the simplex..:(. Currently I own the green jacketed divicorita and I had to by a branch of green from steve to get it back... Since it's not natural one color or another always takes over...

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive dicovered that most of the grafts that stick are the ones grafted with a poccillipora, this is what was done at the LFS anywas.

OP
OP
L

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a thing for grafted pieces at one time I had every known one available and nothing held its graft one color always takes over... Even the simplex..:(. Currently I own the green jacketed divicorita and I had to by a branch of green from steve to get it back... Since it's not natural one color or another always takes over...
That would suck pretty bad!:beat_brick: Only time will tell, the colony has been like that for only a few months.

Ive dicovered that most of the grafts that stick are the ones grafted with a poccillipora, this is what was done at the LFS anywas.
I read about Pocilloporas/grafting, but he doesn't have any Pocilloporas. It was touching a green acro, I will try to get some pics of both colonies in a few weeks.

OP
OP
L

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Full set of lights

White light only

White light only

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back