Grafted fox flame

smacrophylia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
314
Reaction score
250
Location
clearwater
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago I noticed some bright green forming on the base of my fox flame colony and in the past few days it has spread thru the entire colony. Looks cool

IMG_7450.jpeg
 
I think it’s just coloring up nicely?

I know fox flame’s yellow tips can appear green sometimes.
 
I think it’s just coloring up nicely?

I know fox flame’s yellow tips can appear green sometimes.
Yeah it’s possible. It has always had the yellow tips but for some reason the greenish yellow is crackling or swirling throughout what was deep purplish maroon skin. Gotta love the extra brightness tho :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7450.jpeg
    IMG_7450.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3471.jpeg
    IMG_3471.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 105
Neat. Same piece that shows two different color schemes in essentially the same condition WILL boost it's worth ALOT, in addition to be highly unusual and beautiful. The two color-schemes are nothing alike is a huge attraction for the coral.
The critical question is: Are the purple parts growing?
Often the growing parts of Acroporal colonies are different in colors from the non-growing or slow-growing parts of the same colony.
 
Sanjay had a pretty cool FF half the colony was solid red and other half with the signature yellow tips/corallites
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new