Green Gig experiance

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for a few years though, maybe my water is toxic lol. All 7 are from 2013-2015
Don’t mean to get the thread off topic, but one of my new gig has a mutant tentacle.

7 arms morph into one base really strange
80D4CA99-4374-47D8-AA42-12152CEB355F.jpeg
4501A72C-9989-4C10-9186-21A187516D04.png
:):):)OK. I have perfect water because none of mine have mutant tentacles.:):):)

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a closer look at all 7 of mine today. They all have a few fork tents, some have only a few, others have many, but all 7 of mine I can find double headed tents.

I did some inspection last night as well... and sure enough I found a total of two tents that have this as well!

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Thanks Guys. This really is very informative. I can confirm the tentacles on mine look like the ones above. I willput a picture below but I am terrible with pictures! My Gig is still on tiny and maybe that's why I cant see the verrucae clearly.
Its a weird color though.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I lied. I was out of town and just got back home today. Looking at my Gigantea I detected multiple split tentacles. I looked at my picture files and see if I can find the pictures of my abnormal Gigantea tentacles, but so far I was not able to. It was the pictures of two tentacles fused and only have 1 head. I will keep on looking. How ever, I did see pictures of my wear Magnifica tentacles pictures. Two tentacles with NO tip. They fused at the tip, so no tip at all. That is really strange. I like to keep strange pictures, so here it is:
MagnificaTentacles1.jpg
MagnificaTentacles2.jpg
MagnificaTentacles3.jpg

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I lied. I was out of town and just got back home today. Looking at my Gigantea I detected multiple split tentacles. I looked at my picture files and see if I can find the pictures of my abnormal Gigantea tentacles, but so far I was not able to. It was the pictures of two tentacles fused and only have 1 head. I will keep on looking. How ever, I did see pictures of my wear Magnifica tentacles pictures. Two tentacles with NO tip. They fused at the tip, so no tip at all. That is really strange. I like to keep strange pictures, so here it is:
MagnificaTentacles1.jpg
MagnificaTentacles2.jpg
MagnificaTentacles3.jpg

That is kind of crazy! ^^

I have no basis for this statement, but what if these type tentacles are due to poor re generation. For example a fish swims by and touches them and then some of the tips get pulled of the nem as the fish escapes. This regeneration response can lead to bifurcating tentacle tips

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hijack the thread but @rds85 I bought the orphek lenses based on your pics. It must be my phone. Cause my green gig doesn't come out as well as yours lol.

20201107_105635.jpg

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to learn your technique. I've had home about 1.5 months now and he stated about racquetball sizeb to about softball size today. I fed him twice a week raw shrimp soaked in aa's with my mag.

But my mag pic is basically washed out (gig is on the other side of the mag, pics taken 2 mins apart

20201026_160011.jpg

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to learn your technique. I've had home about 1.5 months now and he stated about racquetball sizeb to about softball size today. I fed him twice a week raw shrimp soaked in aa's with my mag.

But my mag pic is basically washed out (gig is on the other side of the mag, pics taken 2 mins apart

20201026_160011.jpg
You can play with camera settings in your phone while using the lens and see what works best. I feel it is hard to give an exact recommendation because you might have a different lighting source for your tank.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have him right under a Radion 4 Pro 100% all channels for about 2 months.
You do not happen to have before and after photos do you? Also I am shocked 2 months caused such a big change. I am still in amazement. Was this lighting spectrum switch intentional for this purpose?

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can play with camera settings in your phone while using the lens and see what works best. I feel it is hard to give an exact recommendation because you might have a different lighting source for your tank.
Thank you. I'll have to give that a try. I have the galaxy note 10+, unsure if anyone uses this phone or has any setting recommendations. I have zero photography abilities lol.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not happen to have before and after photos do you? Also I am shocked 2 months caused such a big change. I am still in amazement. Was this lighting spectrum switch intentional for this purpose?
I know my gig is under diy chips/t5 retro kit. I'm using custom lumia 5.2 chips and my gig is getting right at 450 par. I would guess the color of my tank at mid noon is pretty close to a 20k radium and he's turning from lime green to yellow almost.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back