Green Star Polyp Takeover/Removal

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it won't. Fluconozale only kills bryopsis and h.a.

Try it. If you read the thread it is suggested that you remove every snail and clove polyp type coral. It nuked some out of control GSP, and daisy polyps in my tank. Once is dead it is very easy to remove.

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed fluke tab which is fenbendazole, it completely eliminated all gsp and Xenia. Would have never been able to get it all out without this.
Any other corals, inverts that need to be removed for safety? My whole back of the tank is covered, they are even covering up the the notches on my overflow.

Also with a massive population, do I have to worry about pollution from all the die off?

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try it. If you read the thread it is suggested that you remove every snail and clove polyp type coral. It nuked some out of control GSP, and daisy polyps in my tank. Once is dead it is very easy to remove.
I did the fluconozale twice for bryopsis, no affect on my Gsp population.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE="GSP is a booger to kill. I made "caps" out of coral putty and glued them on to smother them.
like a pancake and put glue on one side.

That Weird....I Try to Keep it Alive and it Always ends up dying for me....I can never keep it Alive...just like Pulsing Xenia's...No luck keeping them Alive for me![/QUOTE]
I have a tank that's exactly the same with those two in particular. Do you by chance have a large amount of palythoa or grape calurpa? I'm thinking I have it narrowed down to toxins from one of the two.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To remove my GSP I just removed the rock and stuck it in a tub of bleach water. Then cleaned off the rock and soaked in vinegar water to neutralize the bleach.
Ever try that with palythoa? Kinda wondering if I need a hazmat suit.

Doubbler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it and used it to kill H.A. I have gsp ssp fsp, all kept growing during treatment. You must be mistaken.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could have been confusing for some

Myself included! Sorry for the confusion there. Long day and I've used both. I mixed up the two (in my mind), I wouldn't recommend dosing both simultaneously.

If you're expecting large die off I'd be ready with some precautions. Water changes, skimming, carbon, etc.

OP
OP
nkyreef

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did dial down the skimmer and that worked. GSP is some stubborn stuff. I have to reapply some epoxy to the spots where the GSP has pushed through. I almost regret not saving a frag of it although it's not too late.

20170719_175431.jpg

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • NO

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back