Greetings Brethren. I'm Nathan and I'm new.

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I'm new to online groups like this, but I joined fishlore a few days ago and enjoyed participating there. However, I'm a saltwater guy so I wanted to find a community more focused on coral and calcium than mollies and rasboras. My girlfriend and I live in Shenzhen, China. Currently, I am keeping a 20ish gallon cube. I bought it used for $45! And yesterday, I paid $1.25 per pound for cured live rock. (China is the land of milk and honey for fish keepers.)

I've been keeping aquariums consistently for 20 years now. (I started when I was seven, and I've never been longer than a year or two without a setup.) I've been abroad for four years and this is my second aquarium in China. I'm looking to get back into coral. I have mid-level experience keeping LPS and other softies. I once tried SPS and it wasn't to my liking, but I might give it a try again some day.

Funfact: I've written two articles for Practical Fishkeeping. I wrote The Chinese Upside Down Aquarium in 2018 and The Last Dragons in China in 2019. Writing is my other passion in addition to fishkeeping. Sometimes the two cross paths.

I posted a photo of my "Fish Corner." Most people have a fish room, but my girl and I live in a studio. So I have a fish corner. I'd love some coral stocking ideas and any suggestions on smart or personable fish to train on my youtube channel.

P.S. if there's anyone here in Guangdong, I'd love to connect!

DJI_0336.jpg WechatIMG489.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I'm new to online groups like this, but I joined fishlore a few days ago and enjoyed participating there. However, I'm a saltwater guy so I wanted to find a community more focused on coral and calcium than mollies and rasboras. My girlfriend and I live in Shenzhen, China. Currently, I am keeping a 20ish gallon cube. I bought it used for $45! And yesterday, I paid $1.25 per pound for cured live rock. (China is the land of milk and honey for fish keepers.)

I've been keeping aquariums consistently for 20 years now. (I started when I was seven, and I've never been longer than a year or two without a setup.) I've been abroad for four years and this is my second aquarium in China. I'm looking to get back into coral. I have mid-level experience keeping LPS and other softies. I once tried SPS and it wasn't to my liking, but I might give it a try again some day.

Funfact: I've written two articles for Practical Fishkeeping. I wrote The Chinese Upside Down Aquarium in 2018 and The Last Dragons in China in 2019. Writing is my other passion in addition to fishkeeping. Sometimes the two cross paths.

I posted a photo of my "Fish Corner." Most people have a fish room, but my girl and I live in a studio. So I have a fish corner. I'd love some coral stocking ideas and any suggestions on smart or personable fish to train on my youtube channel.

P.S. if there's anyone here in Guangdong, I'd love to connect!

DJI_0336.jpg WechatIMG489.jpeg
Hey man Welcome. I’m across the border in Hong Kong. Lots of reefers here. Hong Kong is a reefers paradise. Hit me up if you’re ever in the area.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I've been to Guangdong a few times and hope to be back in the next few years. One of my many great memories from that area was going to Bai Yun Shan where the White Cloud Minnows were originally discovered.

Clownfish.gif

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back