Greetings from the Rockies!

hopdevil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,
My name is Buzz, however I go by Hopdevil1 on here. We live at 8,600 ft elevation Northwest of Boulder, Colorado.
I have lusted over reef tanks almost my whole life. Never had the time (or money). Well a major kick in the teeth health wise is making me re-assess my priorities.
I am looking at the Integrated Marine NUVO 100 reef ready tanks. Am I better off with the Internal overflow configuration or the External?

While I plan on being patient, I am anxious (like all new reefers) to get this up and running ASAP.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,
My name is Buzz, however I go by Hopdevil1 on here. We live at 8,600 ft elevation Northwest of Boulder, Colorado.
I have lusted over reef tanks almost my whole life. Never had the time (or money). Well a major kick in the teeth health wise is making me re-assess my priorities.
I am looking at the Integrated Marine NUVO 100 reef ready tanks. Am I better off with the Internal overflow configuration or the External?

While I plan on being patient, I am anxious (like all new reefers) to get this up and running ASAP.
It depends what you want to do for filtration - external would mean you'd need a sump, the internal would be an all in one chamber in the back. Personally, if you can swing it and can handle the cost, a sump (external) is going to be a better experience and easier to manage at first.

The all in ones can be tricky to manage the equipment, and when you have problems (and you will) it's hard to get equipment in and/or work in that space.

Personal opinion! Good luck!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

BrotatoSalad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! As the owner of a significantly smaller AIO, I can confidently say I'd prefer the flexibility of an overflow and a sump. Regardless, whatever you choose there are are likely numerous build threads of successful tanks matching your tank's model. Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to seeing your build thread as well!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back