Greetings from the Rockies!

hopdevil1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
30
Location
mountains of Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,
My name is Buzz, however I go by Hopdevil1 on here. We live at 8,600 ft elevation Northwest of Boulder, Colorado.
I have lusted over reef tanks almost my whole life. Never had the time (or money). Well a major kick in the teeth health wise is making me re-assess my priorities.
I am looking at the Integrated Marine NUVO 100 reef ready tanks. Am I better off with the Internal overflow configuration or the External?

While I plan on being patient, I am anxious (like all new reefers) to get this up and running ASAP.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Good afternoon,
My name is Buzz, however I go by Hopdevil1 on here. We live at 8,600 ft elevation Northwest of Boulder, Colorado.
I have lusted over reef tanks almost my whole life. Never had the time (or money). Well a major kick in the teeth health wise is making me re-assess my priorities.
I am looking at the Integrated Marine NUVO 100 reef ready tanks. Am I better off with the Internal overflow configuration or the External?

While I plan on being patient, I am anxious (like all new reefers) to get this up and running ASAP.
It depends what you want to do for filtration - external would mean you'd need a sump, the internal would be an all in one chamber in the back. Personally, if you can swing it and can handle the cost, a sump (external) is going to be a better experience and easier to manage at first.

The all in ones can be tricky to manage the equipment, and when you have problems (and you will) it's hard to get equipment in and/or work in that space.

Personal opinion! Good luck!
 
Welcome! As the owner of a significantly smaller AIO, I can confidently say I'd prefer the flexibility of an overflow and a sump. Regardless, whatever you choose there are are likely numerous build threads of successful tanks matching your tank's model. Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to seeing your build thread as well!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new