GSP vs. Blasto - Who will win!?

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2017
Messages
50
Reaction score
11
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As expected the little harmless frag of GSP I purchased a year ago is doing WAY too well and taking over the small rock it was planted on. This is fine by me. BUT happily living on the far side of that rock is a nice 5 headed Blasto. What are everyones thoughts on what will go down when they meat up. Will the Blasto fight back, or will the GSP really over take it. I'm not sure how aggressive Blasto can be against other corals. More curiosity than anything as if I truly need to, the Blasto can be moved.
 
I wonder if I remount the Blasto on a raised tiny piece of rubble, with a small footprint, large area for the frag to be glued, if the gsp would be unable to make the "vertical climb".
 
I wonder if I remount the Blasto on a raised tiny piece of rubble, with a small footprint, large area for the frag to be glued, if the gsp would be unable to make the "vertical climb".
Trust me they can climb
 
If it has a surface to grow on to then it will. Up, down, left or right, the GSP will find a way! Lol. I trim ours back with a razor when needed.
 
If it has a surface to grow on to then it will. Up, down, left or right, the GSP will find a way! Lol. I trim ours back with a razor when needed.

Oh really? Just slice along where you want it to stop and what, shave off the bits you dont want? Doesn't fault the water or get nasty?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new