GSP vs. Blasto - Who will win!?

Discussion in 'General LPS Discussion' started by OrokuSaki84, Nov 27, 2017.

1. OrokuSaki84

OrokuSaki84 Member

As expected the little harmless frag of GSP I purchased a year ago is doing WAY too well and taking over the small rock it was planted on. This is fine by me. BUT happily living on the far side of that rock is a nice 5 headed Blasto. What are everyones thoughts on what will go down when they meat up. Will the Blasto fight back, or will the GSP really over take it. I'm not sure how aggressive Blasto can be against other corals. More curiosity than anything as if I truly need to, the Blasto can be moved.

2. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

IMO, the GSP will win that battle.

3. OrokuSaki84

OrokuSaki84 Member

I wonder if I remount the Blasto on a raised tiny piece of rubble, with a small footprint, large area for the frag to be glued, if the gsp would be unable to make the "vertical climb".

4. iemsparticus

iemsparticus The Addiction is Real R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Trust me they can climb

ReeferMaddness843 and DSC reef like this.
  5. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

If it has a surface to grow on to then it will. Up, down, left or right, the GSP will find a way! Lol. I trim ours back with a razor when needed.

6. OrokuSaki84

OrokuSaki84 Member

Oh really? Just slice along where you want it to stop and what, shave off the bits you dont want? Doesn't fault the water or get nasty?

7. DSC reef

It will peel right off like a matt

Draft saved Draft deleted