GSP vs. Blasto - Who will win!?

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As expected the little harmless frag of GSP I purchased a year ago is doing WAY too well and taking over the small rock it was planted on. This is fine by me. BUT happily living on the far side of that rock is a nice 5 headed Blasto. What are everyones thoughts on what will go down when they meat up. Will the Blasto fight back, or will the GSP really over take it. I'm not sure how aggressive Blasto can be against other corals. More curiosity than anything as if I truly need to, the Blasto can be moved.

OP
OP
OrokuSaki84

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if I remount the Blasto on a raised tiny piece of rubble, with a small footprint, large area for the frag to be glued, if the gsp would be unable to make the "vertical climb".

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it has a surface to grow on to then it will. Up, down, left or right, the GSP will find a way! Lol. I trim ours back with a razor when needed.

OP
OP
OrokuSaki84

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it has a surface to grow on to then it will. Up, down, left or right, the GSP will find a way! Lol. I trim ours back with a razor when needed.

Oh really? Just slice along where you want it to stop and what, shave off the bits you dont want? Doesn't fault the water or get nasty?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back