Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty cool.

What do you use to cut these plugs? I need to cut the bottoms of them flush.

PXL_20230117_193948758.jpg

I just use some wire cutters with very long handles, pop them off. They do go flying through the house at lightning speed, sometimes find them days later.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use some wire cutters with very long handles, pop them off. They do go flying through the house at lightning speed, sometimes find them days later.
Previously I had used lineman's pliers. When I was cutting one, the plug top, plug bottom, and the coral all went flying in 3 different directions. The group of palys flopped across the room while my 8 year old girls yelled "eeewwwwwww" and my toddler tried to pick it up to run off with it. That's when I decided I didn't like that method.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been interesting to watch. Let me know if you can guess what is going on here. We originally thought it was never going to get this long, but we were wrong. And yes, this is the top of my water outlet weirs, surrounding on all sides by GSP, mohican suns, nirvanas and xenia. Once a week I have to take some tools and clean the grate on the weirs or it gets so clogged with coral the water of the tank starts going up.

20230118_170602.jpg 20230118_170459.jpg

Last edited:

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been interesting to watch. Let me know if you can guess what is going on here. We originally thought it was never going to get this long, but we were wrong. And yes, this is the top of my water outlet weirs, surrounding on all sides by GSP, mohican suns, nirvanas and xenia. Once a week I have to take some tools and clean the grate on the weirs or it gets so clogged with coral the water of the tank starts going up.

20230118_170602.jpg 20230118_170459.jpg
That's crazy! It looks like your plumbing is wearing a ghillie suit. Can you post a full tank shot?

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's crazy! It looks like your plumbing is wearing a ghillie suit. Can you post a full tank shot?

Sure, this is a horrible shot though. I still have not picked up a good lense for the big camera on distant shots, so this is taken with a 5 year old cell phone. Even though the picture sucks, you can see even the outlets for the pumps are now covered, the one on the left is completely covered by xenia, which is fun since that head spins, the xenia takes a nice circular ride.

20230117_174932(1).jpg

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, this is a horrible shot though. I still have not picked up a good lense for the big camera on distant shots, so this is taken with a 5 year old cell phone. Even though the picture sucks, you can see even the outlets for the pumps are now covered, the one on the left is completely covered by xenia, which is fun since that head spins, the xenia takes a nice circular ride.

20230117_174932(1).jpg
That thing is PACKED OUT! You have gotten your money's worth out of those 90 gallons.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way I can get a head of that from you? Will to buy or trade.
Yeah that won’t be a problem. I have another guy that wants some too. I’ll get a couple off of it this weekend, then can meet up one day next week. My office is off of Cottage Hill near University Blvd, should be around there all week next week.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that won’t be a problem. I have another guy that wants some too. I’ll get a couple off of it this weekend, then can meet up one day next week. My office is off of Cottage Hill near University Blvd, should be around there all week next week.
Awesome, I will be contacting you. I really want these.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How about Tuesday of this coming week? I will likely be taking off that day, so I am more flexible.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back