Gyre Pump Magnet Upgrade?

Misbar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Maxspect Jump 2K for my 4x2x1ft tank. I wanted to have it at the end of the tank blowing towards the overflow, but the lighting support is in the way:
IMG_0239.JPG

The only way I can think of to fix this is to get stronger magnets. The tank is 3/4" acrylic and the magnet that the pump comes with isn't quite strong enough to begin with. I can hide a stronger magnet inside the light support along with the pump's wires.

Anyone know where I can get reef safe magnets for this?

Thank you for your time.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You might try touching base with mightyMagnets.com. He has some strong neo magnets in his algae scrubbers. Not sure if he would sell a loose magnet or two, but worth a shot. However, they are expensive.

OP
OP
M

Misbar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try touching base with mightyMagnets.com. He has some strong neo magnets in his algae scrubbers. Not sure if he would sell a loose magnet or two, but worth a shot. However, they are expensive.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Do I have to replace both sides of the magnet? Or can I just get a strong one off Amazon and coat it myself? If I can just replace the dry side It would be inside the light support, so no water could really get onto it.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to touch base on this... Would I need to upgrade the magnet in the Gyre, as well? Or, just the exterior magnet? Thanks all!

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about just cutting the magnet in half? I have a gyre 150 and 250s and they work fine on 3/4" glass. Not sire about the maxspect gyres if they're rated for 3/4"?

OP
OP
M

Misbar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about just cutting the magnet in half? I have a gyre 150 and 250s and they work fine on 3/4" glass. Not sire about the maxspect gyres if they're rated for 3/4"?
The magnets come with a plastic seal, so you would have to reseal it if you were going to try and cut it in half.

The Maxspect gyre XF330 is rated for 1/2", the XF350 for 3/4", and the XF280 for 1 1/4".

I got the Maxspect Jump 2k because it was on sale, and it's rated for 1/2".

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back