Gyre Pump Magnet Upgrade?

Misbar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
112
Reaction score
87
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Maxspect Jump 2K for my 4x2x1ft tank. I wanted to have it at the end of the tank blowing towards the overflow, but the lighting support is in the way:
IMG_0239.JPG


The only way I can think of to fix this is to get stronger magnets. The tank is 3/4" acrylic and the magnet that the pump comes with isn't quite strong enough to begin with. I can hide a stronger magnet inside the light support along with the pump's wires.

Anyone know where I can get reef safe magnets for this?


Thank you for your time.
 
You might try touching base with mightyMagnets.com. He has some strong neo magnets in his algae scrubbers. Not sure if he would sell a loose magnet or two, but worth a shot. However, they are expensive.
 
You might try touching base with mightyMagnets.com. He has some strong neo magnets in his algae scrubbers. Not sure if he would sell a loose magnet or two, but worth a shot. However, they are expensive.
Thanks, I'll check them out.


Do I have to replace both sides of the magnet? Or can I just get a strong one off Amazon and coat it myself? If I can just replace the dry side It would be inside the light support, so no water could really get onto it.
 
I wanted to touch base on this... Would I need to upgrade the magnet in the Gyre, as well? Or, just the exterior magnet? Thanks all!
 
Have you thought about just cutting the magnet in half? I have a gyre 150 and 250s and they work fine on 3/4" glass. Not sire about the maxspect gyres if they're rated for 3/4"?
 
Have you thought about just cutting the magnet in half? I have a gyre 150 and 250s and they work fine on 3/4" glass. Not sire about the maxspect gyres if they're rated for 3/4"?
The magnets come with a plastic seal, so you would have to reseal it if you were going to try and cut it in half.


The Maxspect gyre XF330 is rated for 1/2", the XF350 for 3/4", and the XF280 for 1 1/4".

I got the Maxspect Jump 2k because it was on sale, and it's rated for 1/2".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new