Hadonni eating substrate

Jason boles

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2018
Messages
565
Reaction score
459
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First experience with a carpet nem. Super healthy, eats, expands, contracts and contorts lol.

i also have a lot of sexy shrimp, no fish.

I keep finding piles of substrate on the nem, and mostly near his mouth. I have swiped it off and away several times thinking something weird has happened.

It seems to be a non stop thing.

I have the Hawaiian black substrate. Nem is 11” or so fully open.
 
So far it does not seem to be impacting his health. Just my nerves.
 
729EA9D8-C16D-4AEC-A9BD-38FCA4A5715F.jpeg
 
Just took this pic. He has like 7 pieces of substrate in his mouth…
 
Something is blowing or dropping substrate on it , you can blow it off my H Aurora constantly get sand near its mouth I just blow it out , it’s usually from fish zooming past nem and making sand fall into it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new