Hair Algae

Mark75g

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started getting a lot of hair algae. I have a 20g nuvo that has been up and running for over a year. 2 Clowns and a wrasse. Feed daily. Have Chaeto in one of the chambers. Do not have a skimmer but I am thinking if I need one. Was running 2 fluval LED fixtures which I do not think were doing anything so I just switched to XR15 pro yesterday. How often does every do water changes ?
 
What are your water params? Just a heads up, if you have a lot of hair algae today with the Fluval lights, that XR15 will amplify that issue!
 
yes I know. My phosphates were 1. All other parameters were good
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new