Hammer Coral Deflated

SoCalVictor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
85
Location
Los Angeles, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, I noticed that one of my branching hammer corals was pretty deflated. Not retracted but the heads don't look plump and the color is not as vibrant. I have other branching hammers that look fine and plump. Water parameters haven't deviated from my normal. I've had this hammer for a few months already and was looking healthy up until yesterday. Any thoughts?

IMG_1864.jpg

 
As long as your other corals look OK and your parameters are within reason I wouldn't worry too much about it. A bad day perhaps, but definitely keep your eye on it. If this behavior becomes the norm though then you might have to start making some changes. GL.
 
Looks like the hammer is back to looking normal. Didn't make any changes so glad things are ok now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new