OP
cleanbuttpotatoe

cleanbuttpotatoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of fortunes on the reef! The hammers will feel better soon enough. Also, maybe the extra wave maker was too much flow?
I hope not but I will film it tomorrow and maybe you could please give me your opinion? the pumps are a bit far and not even pointing towards it so I hope not

Kaboobie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may have a nutrient issue as well based on the amount of algae I see in your photos your lower readings may be deceiving as simple algaes are pretty efficient nutrient reducers when they get established in a system. Nitrate and phosphates at a high level will cause issues in corals that do not appreciate those high nutrient loads. Then again it very well could have been primarily a flow issue ticking it off.

OP
OP
cleanbuttpotatoe

cleanbuttpotatoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may have a nutrient issue as well based on the amount of algae I see in your photos your lower readings may be deceiving as simple algaes are pretty efficient nutrient reducers when they get established in a system. Nitrate and phosphates at a high level will cause issues in corals that do not appreciate those high nutrient loads. Then again it very well could have been primarily a flow issue ticking it off.
I am actually battling with an algae problem of all sorts. Unfortunately I only have ph, nitrite, nitrate and ammonia testers ugh. My last cleaning crew started to eat corals (emerald crabs) so I had to re-home them. I have not gotten anything else.I have a cleaner shrimp, my lazy goby el chapo and one snail

OP
OP
cleanbuttpotatoe

cleanbuttpotatoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 turbo snail or astrea snail? You could probably use a couple of astrea. I don't see the wave makers being an issue.
Hopefully hammer looks better today.
Hello! Everyone looks happier wohooo but still a long way to go. Ive added pics and a video of the movement. I am not sure what type of snail as it hitchhiked on a coral lol ill find it and take a pic. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• tempImageUe37Qz.png
    tempImageUe37Qz.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • tempImageL4fCnc.png
    tempImageL4fCnc.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • tempImageoN2Cpl.png
    tempImageoN2Cpl.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • tempImagePe5X1X.png
    tempImagePe5X1X.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • tempImageBnGNzc.png
    tempImageBnGNzc.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 3B671F63-4E8B-48FE-8E7C-4A88F4B496BE.mov
    20.2 MB

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hammers look great. Definitly leave them be. If they look better with 1 pump than with the 2. I would just run the 1 to be honest.
Video isn't working. But do look into getting some astrea snails.

Edit: they do look much better today.

OP
OP
cleanbuttpotatoe

cleanbuttpotatoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hammers look great. Definitly leave them be. If they look better with 1 pump than with the 2. I would just run the 1 to be honest.
Video isn't working. But do look into getting some astrea snails.

Edit: they do look much better today.
im too happy about it and relieved but still got work to do. Ill try to pick up some snails and hermit crabs today or tomorrow. Thanks for all your help again!

Stellar Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update? it looks rather healthy, if it were not going to make it the flesh on the outside top portion of the skeleton would be first to go, it honestly looks like it's expelling waste which mine do every now and then. Tentacles deflate and long string of waste comes out. Best of luck!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stay away from emeralds unless you can tell male from female. Females are a lot less likely to eat corals than the males. As male emerald crabs have a bigger claw.
The flow looks good on the hammers. Maybe a little high on the purple. But extension looks great.

OP
OP
cleanbuttpotatoe

cleanbuttpotatoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im too happy about it and relieved but still got work to do. Ill try to pick up some snails and hermit crabs today or tomorrow. Thanks for all your help again!

Stay away from emeralds unless you can tell male from female. Females are a lot less likely to eat corals than the males. As male emerald crabs have a bigger claw.
The flow looks good on the hammers. Maybe a little high on the purple. But extension looks great.
oof yeah I learned my lesson. Hopefully I can stop by the pet store today!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GL . Don't add too many snails and hermits. for a 35g I'd add about 2 snails and hermits each week until things get cleaned up. Maybe someone else could give you a better idea on what to add in what numbers.
That's just how I did things.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back