Hammer coral possible issue

ReefGamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My been doing well and growing but I wanted to know what the brown stuff is in the tentacles and if this is bad?

Alk: 8.3
Mag: 1400
Calc: 410
Sal: 1.025
Nit/phosphate: 5/0.03

below is the picture of it. I’ve seen this come and go before on one tentacle but today it’s on all of them it seems. If this is something crazy or unseen, there is a brittle starfish living under the rock as well, but I have never seen it touch it. It is a possibility it maybe wrapped a tentacle around though.

Thanks!

0281C113-AA03-4D7C-A5DF-1C40086DC9B4.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,i think i see lps flatworms,would dip and check,sorry,hope i'm wrong :)

OP
OP
ReefGamer

ReefGamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I just set it in a container with rodi water for 5 minutes? Or do i need to make the rodi water same temp and ph?

On facebook, they told me it was probably not enough light. But i think that is not the case.

OP
OP
ReefGamer

ReefGamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or do you mean the flatworms on the tips, look kind of white? I hope not, but i can try a dip

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,hope you did not yet,dip in coral dip ,then dip in tank water rinse before putting back into tank

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i vote coral rx :)

OP
OP
ReefGamer

ReefGamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i vote coral rx :)
Thanks man! It looked a lot better today without doing anything, I’m going to
Keep looking at it couple days. Flatworms wouldn’t get better on its own right? It may be light or flow that I just increased by a whole lot. I’ll pay attention

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworms are parasites and they would come off in a dip it’s literally this flat grey worm thing you’ll know it when you see it... hammers and frogspawns and such don’t like alkalinity swings make sure that’s not an issue... as far as that goes probably not a light issue, just keep watching what it does and keep parameters in check!

OP
OP
ReefGamer

ReefGamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworms are parasites and they would come off in a dip it’s literally this flat grey worm thing you’ll know it when you see it... hammers and frogspawns and such don’t like alkalinity swings make sure that’s not an issue... as far as that goes probably not a light issue, just keep watching what it does and keep parameters in check!

I check alk every day and do very small dosing, it should not be that. I will keep watching it, I don't want to dip it if i dont have to. It does not look like the pics of flatworms i see, this is much darker but it could be still.. they don't move if this is observable. Could it be stings from the brittle starfish? If so, do I need to move it or will it sting back?

Thank you!

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coral looks a bit light. This would make sense if you recently adjusted the light, it will need to adjust a little too. Please don't take this as horrible etc it just happens when things change and it should take care of itself. Ime when they start to color back up they brown a bit like yours. I believe it's a concentrating of zoo starting to build up. If I'm correct it will slowly start to look darker. I would just watch and keep everything stable for now. I've had euphyllia flatworms, imo this does not look like flat worms.

OP
OP
ReefGamer

ReefGamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coral looks a bit light. This would make sense if you recently adjusted the light, it will need to adjust a little too. Please don't take this as horrible etc it just happens when things change and it should take care of itself. Ime when they start to color back up they brown a bit like yours. I believe it's a concentrating of zoo starting to build up. If I'm correct it will slowly start to look darker. I would just watch and keep everything stable for now. I've had euphyllia flatworms, imo this does not look like flat worms.
Thank you man, I did not change the lighting in this picture yet, except a ramp up of whites by 20% over one week. Before that I saw one tentacle do this before and go away. The ZOO makes a lot of sense. I will watch it for sure. It does have a crazy glow, like it is too much light even, which shouldn't be possible given my lights. I jsut added a prime 26 hd to the tank, so that and two ORBIT MArine PRO strips now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back