Hammer Tentacles Only Half Attached

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the other day I took my hammer out to do an iodine dip because he wasn't looking too hot. Been having a bit of a cyano problem and some had grown on it's skeleton. I dipped and basted him with a turkey baster and I guess I hit him too much with the baster because it looks as though part of his tentacles are no longer attached to his skeleton on one head. Here's some pics with lights out.
No evidence of BJD or anything like that as I've had experience with that before.

This is a first for me, any tips on what I should do?

PXL_20201122_185635648.jpg PXL_20201122_185706621.jpg
 
I would leave it be and see if it recovers, if its still alive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new