Hammer to close to rock?

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer seems to be enjoying his new spot...

20190522_074305.jpeg

20190522_074319.jpeg

Should i try and slide him up a little more to give him a lil more head room?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer seems to be enjoying his new spot...

20190522_074305.jpeg

20190522_074319.jpeg

Should i try and slide him up a little more to give him a lil more head room?
Leave him be. He looks happy and cozy. It will tell you if and when it is no longer happy.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it up some as it will not be able to fully stretch its polyps out that close to the rocks.

OP
OP
luckylepgw

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it up a bit also. If it likes the spot, then leave it be, just epoxy it so it sits up a bit and not "inside" the rock.
Gonna be a while before i epoxy anything, getting ready to add more light and rock over the next week. Plus i wanted to wait till he got a bit bigger before i pulled his plug...

Was mainly looking for confirmation that he was a bit too far in the hole as i was thinking.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be amazed at how unphased the surrounding rock could be to him. I'd bet money he'll balloon out nicely where he is given all the right parameters. Same place, different place... likely will end up moving him as the aquascape changes at any rate and, as we reefers do all the time, likely end up moving a few more times as time goes on. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
luckylepgw

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be amazed at how unphased the surrounding rock could be to him. I'd bet money he'll balloon out nicely where he is given all the right parameters. Same place, different place... likely will end up moving him as the aquascape changes at any rate and, as we reefers do all the time, likely end up moving a few more times as time goes on. Keep us posted.
Yea probably... Always finding something that needs a lil tweek. Especially since more rock gonna be added either tomorrow evening or Friday. Just upgraded from 30 gal to a 90 gal corner bowfront. Definitely need more rock...

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my euphylia almost anywhere in my rock and they adapt ...the are med light med flow animals that adapt to almost any placement especially hammers and frogspawn..torches can be picky IMO

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back