Hand feeding my Peacock Mantis Shrimp

You're braver than I am, but Mantis are so smart it might learn not to smack the hand that feeds him. ;)

What did you offer him? Is he in your sump?
 
You're a brave man! Luckily I think he knew it was soft/dead and didn't strike. lol

Not sure I want to know what a club shot from a peacock mantis feels like. :)
 
You're braver than I am, but Mantis are so smart it might learn not to smack the hand that feeds him. ;)

What did you offer him? Is he in your sump?

I've owned a few Mantis and this one is really sweet. Very curious, inquisitive, and gentle. That was a clam (part of my dinner haha). I usually feed him shrimp because it's cheap at Costco and that's what I'm feeding my Zebra Morays. They both eat every few days so it works out well.


You're a brave man! Luckily I think he knew it was soft/dead and didn't strike. lol

Not sure I want to know what a club shot from a peacock mantis feels like. :)

They're smart and wont attack you with full power unless they feel really threatened. That's why I don't think the glass tank is really something to worry about. I've been feeding this one by hand since I got him a few weeks ago.


Thank you guys!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new