Hang on refugiums

glacierdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever used the crp hang on refugium? I have a standard 55 gallon tank. Problem is the stand that the guy built for it is narrow and won't accommidate a sump unless it's custome built and then it is too narrow for skimmer etc. So it was either build a new stand, put in a sump, hardware, refugium or the less expensive way of a hang on refugium. We also have some pretty significant power outages at times and no back up generator and if a sump overflowed onto our hardwood floors my name would definately be mud. Advice?????

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a the medium CPR aquafuge and it did its job. you can get like the tunze skimmer and use it in the aquafuge since thats what i did but you need tobuy a different light.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A properly designed sump will never overflow... Hang on refugiums are too small to make a big impact on nutrient export, but could help a little with a safe haven for small organisms to reproduce. iIf your only option is one of the hang on models skip it IMO.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive use one and it worked well. I since took that tank down and still have the fuge but dont have the light anymore. If your interstested in it Ill cut you a good deal on it just PM me

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquafuges are larger than you think especially since I only had the medium and it did its job pretty well. Like the OP said he really cant have a sump anyways underneath unless its thin. The aquafuge will definitely do its job. It wont look as nice as having something underneath and hidden like a sump thats for sure. but if down right itll look fine.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a medium on my 40 breeder and really like it. Grows chaeto and has tons of pods, exactly what I wanted.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back