hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone currently uses this machine for water testing? Any feedback to share after long time use and accuracy of product

IMG_4944.jpeg

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It basically combines all the checkers we normally buy separately. It has some cool features like data logging and the locking cuvette. It's probably more accurate than the individual checkers.
I wanted to go with this or the thousand dollar electronic water tester since it test for everything at one time. I forget the name of that water tester but it’s sold at my LFS.
Not sure which one is best for long term use

fftfk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used it but do use the Alkalinity, Nitrate, and Phosphate individual checkers. Assuming it works the same way as those the only downside I see to it is the length of time it will take you to do water tests. While waiting for Nitrate to complete I can finish my phosphate and alkalinity tests and get a start on my calcium test. It looks like you could only do one test at a time on that machine.

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API AquaSpin is the name of the other water testing device I’m looking to purchase. All test are ran at the same time which is what I would like to do vs using individual testing tubes and solutions which takes time. Plus I’m done with getting liquid all over my hand from shaking the tubes.

I came across the Hanna all in one device first but it seems the community has spoken. It’s not worth it even though it’s bought have the price as the API

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
API AquaSpin is the name of the other water testing device I’m looking to purchase. All test are ran at the same time which is what I would like to do vs using individual testing tubes and solutions which takes time. Plus I’m done with getting liquid all over my hand from shaking the tubes.

I came across the Hanna all in one device first but it seems the community has spoken. It’s not worth it even though it’s bought have the price as the API
There has been mixed reviews on the spin test which originally LaMitte unit
I absolutely love the Hanna master and it’s portability

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking that the base technology for the Marine Master was probably taken from the Hanna Checker line (eggs).

If so ... seems like a lot of people don't really care for the calcium or magnesium checkers, and I wonder if the same problems have been carried over to the Marine Master.

Dave Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to go with this or the thousand dollar electronic water tester since it test for everything at one time. I forget the name of that water tester but it’s sold at my LFS.
Not sure which one is best for long term use
Not sure if you're saying that the Marine Master can test for everything at one time. It can't.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back