Hanna Marine Master 9in1 Tips and Tricks

tetonair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 9.38.56 AM.png
For anyone who has the HI97115. What have you found to be helpful when using it? Here are a couple mods I have made;
IMG_8291.jpeg
1) Mark caps, alignment arrow is annoyingly hard to find early in the morning when I do my testing. I also mark one with a C to indicate my clean sample that I use to get the Zero calibration. (I know, not supposed to do that but it sure speeds things up).
IMG_8292.jpeg
2) Automatic Pipets - these are awesome! You will have to get two, one 2-10ml and one 1000ul(1ml). They come with a bunch of replaceable tips too. . For whatever reason I find that I have to set the big one to 9.9ml to get the bottom of the water curve to line up with the 10ml line. You can store the tips in the case for repeated use if you want to.

IMG_8294.jpeg
3) Containers - It's handy to have one with Aquarium water and another with RODI for cleaning the cuvet each time along with a large microfiber towel. I also like having the RODI to rinse out the pipet tips.

IMG_8295.PNG
4) App - Hanna app could be better. I am still using AquaticLog. I really wanted to like it but its just not any where close to as useful as something like AquaticLog. For instance, there is nowhere to record salinity readings, nor is there any way of recording dosing and maintenance. It is nice to have the app to select what measurements you are going to do that day and automatically record them.

How about you, how do we get the most out of this kit?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I have one kyvette for ULR phosphorous only. Have noted that at least the marine ammonia test can interfere on PO4 readings if you do that in the same vessels as you do your PO4 tests. I have two extra cuvettes.

2) Have got Automatic pipettes too - notice the same with the 10 ml pipette - the lowest par of the water menisk is just in the upper part of the 10 ml mark. I trust the pipette - hence have the lowest part of the menisk at the upper part of the 10 ml mark.

3) I do the same as you - dip the bottom of the kyvette into RO water before cleaning

4) Yes - it could be better. I use GHL profilux logbook - Im able to combine manual measurements with my electrodes. When uploaded to the cloud - I can´t see any possibilities to erase some measurements thata wrong. Therefore - I have manual updating to the cloud - I can edit in the app before uploading. However - no possibilities to make notes or edit after saving to the app

5 Of some reasons - I sometimes get wrong readings of alkalinity. New zeroing and new read can give a total other reading. Its the only parameter with the Master there it seems to be more tricky compared with Checker

6 I store all liquid chemicals in the refrigerator

7 I found the ammonia test to be very stable and useful - the same with Nitrate (HR) and Nitrite (ULR). Note - the nitrite test give the answer in ppb NO2-N which means that it soul be multiplied with 3.29 and divided with 1000 in order to get readings in mg/L NO2

Sincerely Lasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%

Back