Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
22 months and counting since I paid in full for my ION-D.

90 days and counting since the latest newsletter indicating shipments of replacement probes to customers who received defective ones from the initial batches would commence.

60 days since @Vinny@GHLUSA shared that GHL would stop shipments over the holiday season (non-determinant timeframe) before resuming shipments to the US.

Highly frustrating to say the least.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
22 months and counting since I paid in full for my ION-D.

90 days and counting since the latest newsletter indicating shipments of replacement probes to customers who received defective ones from the initial batches would commence.

60 days since @Vinny@GHLUSA shared that GHL would stop shipments over the holiday season (non-determinant timeframe) before resuming shipments to the US.

Highly frustrating to say the least.

Well the simple thing to do is request a full refund. If you haven't I'd have to question why you are frustrated. The post suggests that while frustrated you are more than willing to wait it out.

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the simple thing to do is request a full refund. If you haven't I'd have to question why you are frustrated. The post suggests that while frustrated you are more than willing to wait it out.
I am a staunch supporter of GHL. Professionally, I’ve dealt with supply chain issues and empathize with what they’ve had to deal with.

That said, it doesn’t make the wait any less frustrating.

I was simply answering the latest round of the OP’s question - not seeking advice.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a staunch supporter of GHL. Professionally, I’ve dealt with supply chain issues and empathize with what they’ve had to deal with.

That said, it doesn’t make the wait any less frustrating.

I was simply answering the latest round of the OP’s question - not seeking advice.

On one had you empathize with their issues the other you are frustrated. Okay.

Frustrating to me would be stuck on Tristan da Cunha and the last can of rations won't open...no radio, flare, et all. I hear you though. Good things come to those who wait so I'm sure you will be happy.

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first probe lasted 2-3 months, the second was DOA, the third (Version 15 or 16, I honestly don’t remember) has been on for almost a year. I just followed the instructions, and test once a day.
IMG_1811.png
What is your manufacturers date? I would like to know which version I have. I received my replacement last month but unfortunately after a week or two, I got the poor sensor error.

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update from GHL USA this week. IOND sets have not yet been received in the US. Replacement sensors are the only IOND items that have been received in the US so far.

I was told to inquire at the end of March regarding set shipment timelines.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
History is not on their side unfortunately for achieving dates. I thought they stopped giving dates because of that.
I wasn't even asking for a date, just whether or not the new version has made it overseas to the New World.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume production issues related to quality or sensor life. No use sending sensors out the door that are below expected service life or quality expectations. It may be that a stable and long lasting sensor is more elusive than expected for unexpected reasons.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to put some data out there, my new sensor is still going strong since February 4th, 100% health and results are spot on.

That thing is drinking reference solution like crazy though...

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting.... so maybe still just materials shortage. I guess we wait for the next update.

Is it using more reference solution than you expected? Is there waste or percentage of failed tests, etc?

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting.... so maybe still just materials shortage. I guess we wait for the next update.

Is it using more reference solution than you expected? Is there waste or percentage of failed tests, etc?
I have not failed a test so far. I've been doing 1 test a day since February 4th.

It used 360ml in 17 days, so that's about 21ml per day.
Note that I had to fill the tube and prepare the cell, so it's actually a bit less than that, but it's still a lot more than the 9ml per test that is advertised.

I'm in standard mode, so high precision mode would be even worse.

According to the IonD FAQ, a 500ml bottle should last 55 days.

At the current rate, my 1L bottle will barely last a month and a half.

I'll check the actually consumption after tonight's test

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today's test used 18ml of Ref A and 23ml of Ref B.

At this rate, 1L of Ref B would last 43 days...

I think I'll open a ticket.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today's test used 18ml of Ref A and 23ml of Ref B.

At this rate, 1L of Ref B would last 43 days...

I think I'll open a ticket.
I did some back of napkin math in one of these threads. But 15% more reference is significant cost wise. Still very curious as to real world yearly cost.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some back of napkin math in one of these threads. But 15% more reference is significant cost wise. Still very curious as to real world yearly cost.
Its expected that Ref B is consumed a bit more because it's used to store the sensor between tests. According to this, it needs 5ml for sensor storage.

But besides that, Ref A usage should be 9ml per test, and not 18ml

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume production issues related to quality or sensor life. No use sending sensors out the door that are below expected service life or quality expectations. It may be that a stable and long lasting sensor is more elusive than expected for unexpected reasons.

This was actually discussed a good while back when the automated kits information started to come out. Why one chose reagents vs the other probe. Discussed, argue, whatever but it was heated. Here we are now maybe 3 years later?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back