Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jdmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think he purposely tried to find fault in it. When you go in knowing you are not going to like something, when you expect to have issues with it, it is just human nature that it will impact your judgement.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parker is a very straight up guy. I have had several conversations with him and the guy just likes products that work properly. I have not even seen the second video yet so I have no idea what the fuss is about but I am pretty confident that he has no bias. I don't consider someone saying that GHL interface is confusing as a Bias, it's just someone stating a fact.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People that ordered last year are still waiting.

From GHL WEBSITE:

*** UPDATE – MAY 2022! ***
Due to the ongoing global supply chain crisis, we can no longer provide estimated delivery dates for new IOND orders. We are unable to accept new IOND orders until further notice.
Oh wonderful. :(

jdmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I don't find it confusing am I of a different fact or opinion as most?

Bias and honesty are different things. He even states his bias in the beginning of the first video. He states he has been critical or GHL in the past. The things he was critical of did not change. Guess what he was critical of it again. That is a bias.

I have no doubt he gave his truthful, honest experience.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I don't find it confusing am I of a different fact or opinion as most?

Bias and honesty are different things. He even states his bias in the beginning of the first video. He states he has been critical or GHL in the past. The things he was critical of did not change. Guess what he was critical of it again. That is a bias.

I have no doubt he gave his truthful, honest experience.
I think you need to look up the definition of bias. Bias is lack of objectivity. Just because you consistently disapprove of something doesn’t mean you have any bias.

jdmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to look up the definition of bias. Bias is lack of objectivity. Just because you consistently disapprove of something doesn’t mean you have any bias.

Definition of bias

1a : an inclination of temperament or outlook.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of which has anything to do with the veracity of what he has said. IMO, we have been trained to judge the message by who delivered it rather than the deliverer by the message.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems I'm responsible for this bias towards Parker and perhaps my follow up was missed. Wasn't critiquing Parker. My curiosity was directed at the variations found when testing a stationary sample of water. I know now I should have been clearer since my intentions were to stay focused on the product vs the reviewer. Hopefully that helps unless it's not read. :rolleyes:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems I'm responsible for this bias towards Parker and perhaps my follow up was missed. Wasn't critiquing Parker. My curiosity was directed at the variations found when testing a stationary sample of water. I know now I should have been clearer since my intentions were to stay focused on the product vs the reviewer. Hopefully that helps unless it's not read. :rolleyes:
Trouble-maker LOL

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched the video. I am only 3 weeks late to the party LOL.

Well I am now thinking that this is not good. He went through a crap load of calibration fluid only to get so many of the results thrown out and the results that it accepted are pretty much on Par with what my Magic 8 ball says about my water parameters in my Tank.

Sorry Folks but this has dragged on way to long and when I see someone I trust use what I consider to be a sound scientific method of testing a static bucket of water and then shows me a graph that looks like the Topography of Mars it's pretty much a wake up call that the this AWT may not be ready for prime time.

I might have had a different view if this unit had more video's out there that showed something different but finding Data like Parker presented has been almost impossible to find and the people who have had it the longest, the Beta testers have always been very elusive in their replies. My personal opinion is that what Parker is seeing is the Norm and most people are trying to rationalize the money spent and the time wasted.

I would never trust measurements like the ones he showed. If someone has some graphs for a month that can restore my faith please show me them. If not i consider this case closed for me on the question of whether the Ion-D works or not with the current probe.

Last edited:

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, I received mine on the May 17 and set it up on May 22. I run one test per day, i built a water container that is double filtered with filter socks so water is super clean, i also use the inline filter. Not happy right now the sensor is down to 3% and says I need to replace it. The measurements were spot on and consistent, but the lifespan is not up to par. I followed the instructions and watched the videos several times to make sure there was no human error. I have to reach out to GHL to see if there are any reset options that can be performed on my end.

Attachments

• 7DA68560-FDE5-4D21-AE6A-733A1A017C2F.png
    7DA68560-FDE5-4D21-AE6A-733A1A017C2F.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 57

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, I received mine on the May 17 and set it up on May 22. I run one test per day, i built a water container that is double filtered with filter socks so water is super clean, i also use the inline filter. Not happy right now the sensor is down to 3% and says I need to replace it. The measurements were spot on and consistent, but the lifespan is not up to par. I followed the instructions and watched the videos several times to make sure there was no human error. I have to reach out to GHL to see if there are any reset options that can be performed on my end.
Similar problem here - faulty sensor. Waiting for a replacement from GHL.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Similar problem here - faulty sensor. Waiting for a replacement from GHL.
Did GHL give you any timeline for a replacement? Sorry to hear you both are having issues but I do appreciate honest feedback here. It’s been pretty quiet overall one way or another.

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did GHL give you any timeline for a replacement? Sorry to hear you both are having issues but I do appreciate honest feedback here. It’s been pretty quiet overall one way or another.
Told one to two weeks on the 6th May. Updated on 1st June to probably end of w/c 6th June.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched the video. I am only 3 weeks late to the party LOL.

Well I am now thinking that this is not good. He went through a crap load of calibration fluid only to get so many of the results thrown out and the results that it accepted are pretty much on Par with what my Magic 8 ball says about my water parameters in my Tank.

Sorry Folks but this has dragged on way to long and when I see someone I trust use what I consider to be a sound scientific method of testing a static bucket of water and then shows me a graph that looks like the Topography of Mars it's pretty much a wake up call that the this AWT may not be ready for prime time.

I might have had a different view if this unit had more video's out there that showed something different but finding Data like Parker presented has been almost impossible to find and the people who have had it the longest, the Beta testers have always been very elusive in their replies. My personal opinion is that what Parker is seeing is the Norm and most people are trying to rationalize the money spent and the time wasted.

I would never trust measurements like the ones he showed. If someone has some graphs for a month that can restore my faith please show me them. If not i consider this case closed for me on the question of whether the Ion-D works or not with the current probe.
I bought my IonD 2 months ago but i'm just installing it today, due to a severe case of acute laziness.

I'll be ready for my 1st test tomorrow, I'll post the results then.

I also got a bottle of the multi-reference solution, so I'll be able to test the accuracy.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be interesting to see multiple results from a single sample of isolated tank water as Parker did to determine if different results are derived. Reference material would also work but the key is identifying if the trend confirms the results are identical or within an acceptable margin.

If this was conducted by several users then perhaps we can build a catalog of test results and if there’s a material difference that might assist the manufacturer in determining what could be possibly fixed or become a known acceptable error. Including possibly better calibration by the end user.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be interesting to see multiple results from a single sample of isolated tank water as Parker did to determine if different results are derived. Reference material would also work but the key is identifying if the trend confirms the results are identical or within an acceptable margin.

If this was conducted by several users then perhaps we can build a catalog of test results and if there’s a material difference that might assist the manufacturer in determining what could be possibly fixed or become a known acceptable error. Including possibly better calibration by the end user.

There are a lot of troubles with this proposal one being the number of units out to "real" hobbyists not to mention their location / distance between one another.

GHL knows what is going on and surely working on it outside of other issues getting them to the public.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of troubles with this proposal one being the number of units out to "real" hobbyists not to mention their location / distance between one another.

GHL knows what is going on and surely working on it outside of other issues getting them to the public.
Not seeing the same concerns as to number of units in circulation or fact they are separated from each other. Point of the exercise is to determine if each is seeing variations in testing the same exact sample of their water as Parker detailed in the video I posted. Goal is to identify how accurately the results match each other when the variable hasn't changed. Variable being their sample water or reference solution.

If GHL was aware of this problem then why did they send the units out? Perhaps they aren't aware because it doesn't occur with every unit. Perhaps going forward then each unit should be tested to confirm this isn't a concern.

Back