Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to start a war or attack on GHL, but there is still a lack of *unboxing* videos on the internet, etc. Given the shipping of units started a while back have any of the "average punters" out there received their pre-orders yet?

I didn't pre-order - my interest is purely in seeing if IOND is living up tot he promises and hype.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an email that they are being shipped to the States beginning this week and I'm on the schedule to get shipped. Should have it in about 2 Weeks.
I can't wait, it feels like I am getting it myself!
I have been dying to hear a completly unbiased review of the unit plus see some data gathered over a period of a month.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard nothing at all. Just counting the amount of days my preorder has been PROCESSING…starting to really investigate other options and what will work with what with automated testing. Neptune isn’t an option at all.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an email that they are being shipped to the States beginning this week and I'm on the schedule to get shipped. Should have it in about 2 Weeks.
I would assume that it got shipped out to you on Friday? Any further news from GHL?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume that it got shipped out to you on Friday? Any further news from GHL?
No. Not shipped. I got another email the other day saying the order is just being picked up by the shipper in Germany.
So...... About another 2 week delay if you can imagine that.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No. Not shipped. I got another email the other day saying the order is just being picked up by the shipper in Germany.
Are we talking about ION Director or another part? If ION, if will be another 2-3 months as of last Thursday per GHL

Finally, a word about the delivery situation: We are making good progress and we are working on further speeding up production and shipment. For example, we have set up new production cells and test stations especially for the IOND. From today's point of view, it is expected that it will take about 2-3 months until all currently ordered IONDs have been delivered. For new orders, a delivery time of approx. 3 months must be expected.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking about ION Director or another part? If ION, if will be another 2-3 months as of last Thursday per GHL

Finally, a word about the delivery situation: We are making good progress and we are working on further speeding up production and shipment. For example, we have set up new production cells and test stations especially for the IOND. From today's point of view, it is expected that it will take about 2-3 months until all currently ordered IONDs have been delivered. For new orders, a delivery time of approx. 3 months must be expected.
IOND. Read back through the thread. You're interpreting the statement from GHL all wrong.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What is it about the Aquarium industry that creates so many failed product launches?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IOND. Read back through the thread. You're interpreting the statement from GHL all wrong.
Sorry, I’m confused. That paragraph was a copy/paste from GHL announcement last Thursday. Here is the full communication

How do you interpret that last paragraph?

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I’m confused. That paragraph was a copy/paste from GHL announcement last Thursday. Here is the full communication

How do you interpret that last paragraph?

I read that. They are starting to ship here in the states. It going to take 2-3 months to fulfill all the pre orders. I got notice that mine will ship soon. They're shipping according to when you placed the order. First ones to order are the first to receive.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I read that. They are starting to ship here in the states. It going to take 2-3 months to fulfill all the pre orders. I got notice that mine will ship soon. They're shipping according to when you placed the order. First ones to order are the first to receive.
Yep, they do not state where their products currently are located, so you know more than I on that front. 2-3 months is to complete all prior orders, so you could certainly receive ahead of that.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am intrigued by this product, my question is, if you own the Ion Director and the dosing pumps are they stand alone units or do you need the controller as well?
As long as you get a IOND with a standalone doser, you will not need a controller, as the standalone doser is able to communicate by itself.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you get a IOND with a standalone doser, you will not need a controller, as the standalone doser is able to communicate by itself.
Thank you, I'm new to automation but was just imagining an all inclusive tester would be awesome and then I saw this thread. Who'd of thunk lol

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are going to end up being one of the lucky one's. I suspect that a lot of other people are going to have a month or two more of waiting time.

Given their statement, it seems like the Ion-D is still really in Beta testing.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it about the Aquarium industry that creates so many failed product launches?
Lots of customers with lots of money they are willing to burn. All you need is a product that sounds good and you will make loads of money! Nobody knows that better than the companies that make Algae killing products.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are going to end up being one of the lucky one's. I suspect that a lot of other people are going to have a month or two more of waiting time.

Given their statement, it seems like the Ion-D is still really in Beta testing.
There's a shipment coming from Germany. I don't think it's just a few, others will be receiving them also. I just don't understand why people are sooooo quiet about it.
It's a new product. There will be things they find out as it gets out there.
So...... As more people use it the more info GHL will have. They seem to be on top of the updates.

Back