Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all may not be as anonymous as we think we are on here.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all may not be as anonymous as we think we are on here.
Actually they likely just used the search this forum has with your SN and all your posts and pieced them with your communications to them directly. With those 2 it would be pretty easy to figure out honestly.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually they likely just used the search this forum has with your SN and all your posts and pieced them with your communications to them directly. With those 2 it would be pretty easy to figure out honestly.
It's still disturbing.....

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, they are just manually doing the same thing your ISP, Google, Social Media, and a handful of others do automatically.
It's disturbing that they went to this length to cancel my order.

It's disturbing they can't take any criticism, knowing they are in the wrong.

It's disturbing they cancelled my order after promising things only to end up lying to everyone.

Its disturbing they have only silence on everything.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If y'all are comfortable with the way GHL is handling things and how they handled my situation? Good for you and good luck.
If y'all are comfortable with GHL dictating what happens and how it happens?
Good for you and good luck.
If y'all are comfortable waiting for something that keeps getting delayed and delayed and your desire is that it may come out fine?
Good for you and good luck.
My patience wore out months ago.

I personally don't see why anyone is putting up with what they're doing without getting a refund.
Again..... Good luck!

I'm out and glad of it. I bought into the hype two years ago also. What I've realized is that I don't want or need something I need to spend over $300 or better a year on to test once in a while.
My #'s don't change that often to make this a "good" investment.
Nor does the dependability that GHL is showing prove it's worth.

Let em eat their investment and be humbled. They need it.

Last edited:

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm out and glad of it. I bought into the hype two years ago also. What I've realized is that I don't want or need something I need to spend over $300 or better a year on to test once in a while.
My #'s don't change that often to make this a "good" investment.
Nor does the dependability that GHL is showing prove it's worth.
I don’t think it’s the money that people are concerned with, it is cheaper to test manually. The main draw to the IOND is the automated aspect of the testing. Testing happens whether life is busy or not with the IOND. Manual testing gets postponed or skipped when life is busy.

I see some of our neighbors across the pond are getting their hands on the new optimized probes so I think we are getting closer to units starting to ship in the US.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s the money that people are concerned with, it is cheaper to test manually. The main draw to the IOND is the automated aspect of the testing. Testing happens whether life is busy or not with the IOND. Manual testing gets postponed or skipped when life is busy.

I see some of our neighbors across the pond are getting their hands on the new optimized probes so I think we are getting closer to units starting to ship in the US.
Nope.... Apparently you need to test at least every day or more. This is a ploy to be invested with them. Buy more reagent and probes. Now.... Manual testing gets postponed or skipped when life is busy? Then why have a reef tank if you don't have the time? I make the time because of the investment I have in my tank. This is what they are depending on.
Across the pond...... They have it .... we don't. They're getting the upgrade when we don't have what was promised from the beginning. Keep dreaming. And waiting.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nope.... Apparently you need to test at least every day or more. This is a ploy to be invested with them. Buy more reagent and probes. Now.... Manual testing gets postponed or skipped when life is busy? Then why have a reef tank if you don't have the time? I make the time because of the investment I have in my tank. This is what they are depending on.
Across the pond...... They have it .... we don't. They're getting the upgrade when we don't have what was promised from the beginning. Keep dreaming. And waiting.
I am sorry your view on this device is so pessimistic.

I think this device is a big step forward in this hobby. Innovation is great!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry your view on this device is so pessimistic.

I think this device is a big step forward in this hobby. Innovation is great!
Innovation is great if it gets in the hands of those that want it. I sorry you put up with them delivering it to Germany and not us. It shows where their allegiance is.
I'm sorry you think they are doing you right when they're not.
I'm sorry that you want it so bad that you're willing to put up with them.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Logistically it makes perfect sense to send them to the Germans first. Shipping is mega expensive at the moment, so if they’ve had problems with the probes then it is natural for them to want to get them quickly (and relatively cheaply) to their local customer base to make sure there are no further unforeseen problems.

Even if they shipped the probes to the US at exactly the same time, the Europeans would have them sooner. What would the US customer response be if they shipped another load of probes across that still didn’t work correctly? That would add even more cost and delay.

I am not saying that this has been handled well by GHL, but I assume they’re not doing this intentionally just to wind up their US customers.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Innovation is great if it gets in the hands of those that want it. I sorry you put up with them delivering it to Germany and not us. It shows where their allegiance is.
I'm sorry you think they are doing you right when they're not.
I'm sorry that you want it so bad that you're willing to put up with them.
No need to apologize, I’m just a spectator like you.

I’m not a fan of pre-orders, I will wait for the product to be out a few months before I purchase. But I am rooting for GHL because I think the product will be a great addition to the hobby. It has not been an ideal scenario with Covid, logistics issues, probe problems, etc. but I think there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logistically it makes perfect sense to send them to the Germans first. Shipping is mega expensive at the moment, so if they’ve had problems with the probes then it is natural for them to want to get them quickly (and relatively cheaply) to their local customer base to make sure there are no further unforeseen problems.

Even if they shipped the probes to the US at exactly the same time, the Europeans would have them sooner. What would the US customer response be if they shipped another load of probes across that still didn’t work correctly? That would add even more cost and delay.

I am not saying that this has been handled well by GHL, but I assume they’re not doing this intentionally just to wind up their US customers.
If this is what you're willing to accept then that's fine. You're missing the point that this was supposed to be ready two years ago. They were asked specific questions about the probe back then. GHL assured us that they had it figured out. I bought into it. They still haven't figured out something they say they had figured out two years ago. I'm just glad I'm not waiting anymore.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to apologize, I’m just a spectator like you.

I’m not a fan of pre-orders, I will wait for the product to be out a few months before I purchase. But I am rooting for GHL because I think the product will be a great addition to the hobby. It has not been an ideal scenario with Covid, logistics issues, probe problems, etc. but I think there is light at the end of the tunnel now.
This has taught me about pre-orders. Never again. I was rooting for them also. I was actually defending them a few months ago. Telling people to hang on, that they will get it right. Until three shipment notifications that never came to be with nothing but silence. What people need to understand is that if they had good news they'd be plastering it all over the internet. Especially after what has happened with this. Silence doesn't bode well. They keep missing release dates. It's only a matter of time before they have to release or refund. Time will tell which will happen.

jdmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get it you are upset. But I think it is time for you to move on, you will be happier in the end. At this point, in my view, you have moved from being a disgruntled customer to being a Karen.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get it you are upset. But I think it is time for you to move on, you will be happier in the end. At this point, in my view, you have moved from being a disgruntled customer to being a Karen.
Well..... Thank you for you're very precious opinion.
It'll be duly noted...... Not!
You have the option to move on also if you don't like what you read. Practice what you preach.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree with others that it is time to let it go, I had a similar issue with them somehow identifying me on this forum. Had them not honor an agreed upon refund. Was only slightly critical of them on an unrelated issue and was immediately identified as that same customer with a statement that I assume they thought made my comments irrelevant. Always wondered how they managed to identify me.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree with others that it is time to let it go, I had a similar issue with them somehow identifying me on this forum. Had them not honor an agreed upon refund. Was only slightly critical of them on an unrelated issue and was immediately identified as that same customer with a statement that I assume they thought made my comments irrelevant. Always wondered how they managed to identify me.
I've said my piece and made my point.....so I'll probably let it go for now.
I find this behavior from GHL kind of disturbing to say the least. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. And it proves my point about them not liking anything negative said about them. If you all are OK with this behavior so be it. I'm not so I'll be moving away from GHL in the future just because of this sort of behavior. Be careful out there..... They may just come and confiscate your equipment if they don't like what you say. Big Brother is watching. I'd call them what I'd really like to but that would get me banned. Figure it out.

Funny.... but I'm seeing a lot more GHL products for sale on marketplace than ever before.
Coincidence?

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do post our locations in our bio... it's not very difficult to figure out.

We should always conduct ourselves in these public forums like everything we do is being watched, because it is.

Back