Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don’t care what you sell your stuff for but we do care if people buy them up for profit and sell here on our forum. Whatever y’all sell them for in private or elsewhere is your business. People that buy for resale are considered commercial. We also don’t want our membership to be taken advantage of as some view it.
This was said during the Trident Gouges and after that they took down any sale that was above MSRP. If you see any Gougers report them to the Mods.

Also I am not sure that GHL is under any obligation to replace the probe for free to a second hand buyer should an issue arise.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to hurry up because more competition is kicking at the door.
F72427CD-9F28-4B01-BEAA-DD4DE3D8B329.jpeg
I'm eagerly waiting for this one! I want to be a beta tester. :)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Karma will leave them stuck with something they didn't want for themselves
Someone will buy it. They'll have to have it.
I just hope the seller got banned. No need for that stuff here.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to hurry up because more competition is kicking at the door.
F72427CD-9F28-4B01-BEAA-DD4DE3D8B329.jpeg
I don't know if it's just me, but I am really looking more towards investing my money in testing equipment that does not use reagents. This unit is a very convenient form factor and looks great, it will be interesting to see what happens. After reading the article I get the opinion that this is not going to be hitting the US market anytime soon.

Last edited:

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A little update I just got it delivered and that invoice shows my order number in the 4700's

So the email wasn't right about my order number.
A little update I just got it delivered and that invoice shows my order number in the 4700's

So the email wasn't right about my order number.
My order number was lower than that so I wonder why I haven’t heard anything

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it price gouging if someone will pay that price? This is not some necessity i mean. This is just want it that bad, pay to get it now....
Yes IMHO it is. The only Necessity is Air, water and Food so by that Logic everything else is fair game.

Look at what has happened with the Playstation 5.
It's been two years and it's still just sheer luck if you can buy one for $499. Most people who have one paid $1200 for them on eBay or on an Amazon store fronts. Yes there is a shortage but not to the level that the public is feeling.
There are hundreds of guys running Bots that Automatically buy them up within seconds of there release at a store.
I see guys boasting that they got 20 of them within the first 60 seconds of a restock. This is starting to become a livelihood for many people and its expanding rapidly into every market area where they find out there are hot selling gadgets that people really want.

Do you really want some of these guys focusing in on the Reef Aquarium trade? They really don't care about anything but the money. If they find it's lucrative they will create scripts to target everything that can turn a profit. Do we really want every single new Ecotech product being snapped up as fast as Ecotech can make them. The guy who was selling that ionD was most likely inspired by what transpired with the Trident.
I think we need to do everything possible to discourage this kind of practice in the hobby.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes IMHO it is. The only Necessity is Air, water and Food so by that Logic everything else is fair game.

It's been two years and it's still just sheer luck if you can buy one for $499. Most people who have one paid $1200 for them on eBay or on an Amazon store fronts. Yes there is a shortage but not to the level that the public is feeling.
There are hundreds of guys running Bots that Automatically buy them up within seconds of there release at a store.
I see guys boasting that they got 20 of them within the first 60 seconds of a restock. This is starting to become a livelihood for many people and its expanding rapidly into every market area where they find out there are hot selling gadgets that people really want.

Do you really want some of these guys focusing in on the Reef Aquarium trade? They really don't care about anything but the money. If they find it's lucrative they will create scripts to target everything that can turn a profit. Do we really want every single new Ecotech product being snapped up as fast as Ecotech can make them. The guy who was selling that ionD was most likely inspired by what transpired with the Trident.
I think we need to do everything possible to discourage this kind of practice in the hobby.
Uhm… you kind of just described what the coral trade has become recently..hot corals snatched up by big name frag houses and then booger sized frags sold for ridiculous prices with a fancy name, Is it not the same thing.
My wife has been trying to get me a PS5 for my birthday 2 years ago lol. I told her retail price only if she gets one. If I don’t get one then I’ll run PS4 until it no longer functions.
I just hope to get my IOND before I can’t afford to stay in this hobby anymore. My order is in the low 4200’s and I haven’t heard a thing.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I definitely dont care for people buying up stuff for the hell of it, not reefers, and reselling at a higher price. That's a good point for reef2reef barring the activity. I dont think its price gouging, dont think that exists stand with Milton Freedman there, but it is a violation MAP pricing for the manufacturer for sure if the person is buying just for the purpose of reselling. They're acting as a retailer of sorts. Also it would be problematic for the average reefer if this was prevalent so stand corrected as to calling it out--good on you.

And not in the Christmas spirit!

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely dont care for people buying up stuff for the hell of it, not reefers, and reselling at a higher price. That's a good point for reef2reef barring the activity. I dont think its price gouging, dont think that exists stand with Milton Freedman there, but it is a violation MAP pricing for the manufacturer for sure if the person is buying just for the purpose of reselling. They're acting as a retailer of sorts. Also it would be problematic for the average reefer if this was prevalent so stand corrected as to calling it out--good on you.

And not in the Christmas spirit!
Agree with you. But let me correct you on MAP.. MAP means Minimum Advertised Price, they set a minimum, if you want to sell it for 1M $ and someone buys it, so be it..

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree with you. But let me correct you on MAP.. MAP means Minimum Advertised Price, they set a minimum, if you want to sell it for 1M $ and someone buys it, so be it..
MSRP and MAP are two different things, some places will only sell it to you if you sell it at MSRP but MAP is fair game basically, as long as it meets or exceeds the MAP pricing

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MSRP, MAP. Who is really going to go after someone selling a single unit?
Technicalities here. Supply and demand rule the economic aspect.
Let them sell it for what they want and let the buyers pay what they want for it.
It's what's going to happen anyway.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back