Has my cleaner killed my peppermint?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
9,597
Location
Yorkshire UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

Ten days ago I added a cleaner shrimp to my 15g that already has a peppermint. Initially they were at each other over a cave in my tank but a few hours later they seemed fine. I didn’t see my peppermint then for two days ( he was always out at feeding time and lights out ) that was the last time I saw him, it’s now been a week and I’ve not seen him since. Is it likely me cleaner has killed him? Or could he still be hiding away somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Dom
 
Hello fellow reefers,

Ten days ago I added a cleaner shrimp to my 15g that already has a peppermint. Initially they were at each other over a cave in my tank but a few hours later they seemed fine. I didn’t see my peppermint then for two days ( he was always out at feeding time and lights out ) that was the last time I saw him, it’s now been a week and I’ve not seen him since. Is it likely me cleaner has killed him? Or could he still be hiding away somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Dom

Though they should coexist with little problem, 15 gallon is a little tight. Could be molting or hidden.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new