Hate days like today

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're on our way to U of M once again. It's days like today I hate the increased stress of waiting for results of scans. I'm blessed and know it's outta my hands. Yet the time leading up to see the cancer Dr for the results is stressful. Well enough whining and the positive it's a beautiful day for traveling across the state. Staying positive and hopefully all's well with them. Just needed to vent a little lol. Hopefully everyone has a great and blessed day.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good news is that you're going to be positive about it and live life worry free because whether you have 100 years or ten minutes to live - time spent worrying isn't "life" anyway!

Much easier for us to say, but it's how I try to adjust my thinking in situations where I am worried. Keep your head up and focus on enjoying each moment as best you can. Maximize your happiness with however many years remain. I could die tomorrow but that doesn't change my wish to enjoy today to the fullest!

Prayers sent your way as well.

retiredsailor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. I have been in your shoes. Just last year actually. Non Hodgkin's lymphoma. I spent the first week in tears and terrified. The first round of chemotherapy was horrible. It got easier after that. What helped me get through it was the certainty that it would work. After that first week it just never occurred to me that it wouldn't work. Until my first follow up after the chemo and radiation to get the results of my pet scan. As I started to drive up to the parking lot of the hospital it hit me harder than anything in my life. All I could think was I did NOT want to deal with chemo again. Fortunately the medicine worked and I can now call myself a Survivor. I actually got my port out 2 weeks ago.

Every cancer is different but the keys to survival are the same. Keep a positive attitude. Cancer is no longer a death sentence. Have faith. Faith in your doctors, family, and friends. But most importantly faith in God. He will not give you more than you can handle. Finally, don't bottle up your emotions. Cry if you want to cry. Laugh when you can laugh. And tell people when you're angry.

Good luck.

Ian

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone so much and it's great advice. We can not see what the future holds and find happiness every day. But we have seen the Dr and have great news study chemo is still working now waiting on chemo to be ready then I'll receive another round of it today yet. Thank you again for your support and prayers. Our R2R community rocks you guys are the best.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Prayers sent;)

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep positive, and remember that no matter what you go through its always a growing and learning experience, if not for you then for the ones holding your hand. Stay strong.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve keep your chin up and stay active with the doctors and your family.
Its so awesome to see your positive attitude and we the people here on R2R will be behind you 100% of the way.
I will prey for you and your family always.
Keep the hands together as my family will be strong for you.

Prayers and if there is anything me and my family can do please ask.
We are here for you!

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to understand what you are going through. You get your mind off of it, only for a while, only to have an up coming scan or test, and the fear returns. You will never get rid of the fear and apprehension. You will only figure out a way to manage it, live with it. You breath a little easier when they say everything is normal, normal for someone living with cancer.

You still have good days and bad. Everybody fades back into the woodwork and you live your life again. Live your life Steve and know the only time you have is the moment in front of you. What is in the past or future is neither here nor there only faded memories. My best wishes for you and your family.
I too am going through the trials, and that worry never gets easier.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God bless all of you fighters on here. You all have great heads on your shoulders.

As they say in sales, "assume the sale". Assume you will get better. Fully expect it and stay positive. It's such an important part of fighting through even remedial matters.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back