Have a cigar!

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
1,557
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2e293be5747163afd348d2cb2c54abb7.jpg
057487310ead0f2bcd4860d4d3e7da7b.jpg

My tank is only 4 months old and it appears I am breeding trochus snails. I'm assuming this is a good sign of my tank maturing. I've seen them as small as a lentil pea to about the size pictured which is like a regular sweet pea. Quik question; these guys don't take over like that chinese variant in freshwater tanks?
 
By the look of it I would say it is a limpet rather than a trochus snail. They are harmless and I have never heard of them taking over tanks. It more than likely came from your live rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new