HAVE YOU RESENTLY PURCHASED BLONDE NASO TANG?

Bought blonde naso tang? Did fish survived?

• Total voters

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had an issue with my blonde naso as well. i purchased from marine collectors and it arrived easting well and 5 days later it was dead. no signs of any illness on that fish at all.
Do they have any guarantee?

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was quite a bit of other issues with my purchase, I was extremely agitated, and I just wanted to cut ties and call it a loss. but there was no guarantee besides DOA conditions.
Wow.. sorry to hear. I guess they just lost another customer. Maybe there is a vendor feedback section within this forum for you to provide your experience so others can learn from it and hold the vendor accountable as well, when you are ready.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have found a pretty small blonde naso when I stopped by in a LFS and wanted to buy frozen food. I saw the naso in the tank and she looked a bit rough but had good coloration. She also has some kind of a weird missbar (my english is just not good enough express myself correctly).... But, the yellow line around the body is not "geometric".

Well, my tank is just too small for it to keep it long term, but I couldnt leave the fish in the LFS..... Right now I dont have any other tangs or such in my tank and shes th only bigger fish. She might be approx. 3 inches now.

I tried Nori, but she isnt interested.... she also isnt interested in brine shrimp.. she eats mysis but spits it out..
But she goes nuts for ocean nutrition formula two pellets and also eats spirulina flakes.

What can I do to make her eat nori from the clip?

After that I need to find a solution for her to stay long term.

Now after some days she has some kind of a skin disease like 3-4 round spots.. maybe some fungus disease?

I try to take a pic....

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Within the past 1.5 years I have purchased 17 blonde and regular naso to finally have 2 pairs 4 total that made it. My systems are 450 and 300 gallons. Running 10 years and 6 years. They would die within a week of getting them. Usually did not eat from day 1 or barely picked at food and spit out. They were all very very shy even in my large tanks. After setting up auto feeders that was going off every hour and I would not go by the tank for days they seem to settle in and start to live. Now I have 2 pair of 1 blonde and 1 regular in both my systems. This is the first time I ever told anyone this because I felt so bad for the fish but had a good feeling it was not something I was doing because all my other fish are happy and healthy otherwise

Thanks for sharing - that data is important. The poll itself is showing like a 50% mortality rate over the short term.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm counting my blessings right now :grimacing-face:
I got mine when it was tiny and fed heavily as well as had vitamin-infused nori in the tank at all times. I didn't know this trend was happening.

Is it me, or has alot of fish in general been not very healthy lately? Bluethroats for me have been a 0% survival rate. They just do not eat in my tank and hide all day, then die of starvation. I've tried every kind of food and even leave halfshell clams right next to them and they just don't take. On the other hand, I got a tiny niger trigger, and he will snatch food away from my tongs while I'm trying to feed my eel.

Non-scientific, but since Covid, I've noticed a strong uptick in mortality rates in many fish. I attribute that to the extended supply chain due to flights changing/being reduced.

Jay

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

can you see the deformed blue line around the body?

and what are these dots?
IMG_3890.jpeg
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3880.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to announce that I have a healthy blonde naso after 2 failed attempts mentioned in previous posts here. This one is slightly smaller then previous 2 I had. This one is 8"
20230910_112228.jpg
20230910_112104.jpg
20230910_112231.jpg

Bozburn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one in March, started eating almost right away and became a pig. Then one day, stopped eating.....went 5 days without eating and I finally saw it take a massive dump and then a few hours later it started eating Nori again and a day or two later it started eating frozen again.

Early July same thing happened, randomly stopped eating and I didn't see it eat for 2 whole weeks. Since then it had only eaten nori, but nibbling, never going all out on it like it use to. Never could get it to eat frozen again and I think it was getting bullied a bit from my other tangs. (which im likely getting rid of and starting over with new tangs in my tank).

It died last week, not great since it was my wifes favorite fish.

Hopefully you have better luck with this one!

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to announce that I have a healthy blonde naso after 2 failed attempts mentioned in previous posts here. This one is slightly smaller then previous 2 I had. This one is 8"
20230910_112228.jpg
20230910_112104.jpg
20230910_112231.jpg
Great but was he QT’ed?

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2710.jpeg

This guy came to me pre-QT’d from The Fishotel. Was QT’d for 30 days plus 2 weeks of observation before being overnighted to me.

I’ve had him 6 weeks now. Eats like a champ (frozen, pellets, and Nori).

You may notice he’s in a QT system in this picture. It’s mine. Long story but I had a cryptocaryon outbreak in my DT and had to QT all my fish. For a variety of reasons I haven’t been able to move them all back yet so they are still in the hospital tank…the Naso was added to them when he arrived. That system has been copper-free for nearly two months now.

I just had the hospital tank tested and confirmed parasite free from AquaBiomics. I take this as confirmation that both my QT worked and that Fishotel did indeed send me a clean fish. :)

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a beautiful 12 inch blonde made it through copper treatment ate like a champ 3 months later had a flukes issue made it through treatment was eating like a pig and suddenly dropped dead for no apparent reason .. that was 600 for a 4 month rental .. I’ll wait for a tank breakdown to try another ..

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man more and more I hear about fosh living for more then several month before fish dies, I guess I'm not out of the woods yet, maybe a 6 month mark will be a good mark for healthy blonde naso!

REAQUA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On Day 11 of copper Qt (Day 61 of fallow and quarantine for all other fish). He is starting to have a bit of a pinched belly but still eating well. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpeg
    IMG_4805.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4804.jpeg
    IMG_4804.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 22

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I bought one blonde naso in February From LFS. Owner told me the fish came from suri lanca . I hand picked a fat one . He did well for 3 months . All the sudden died in June . Recently I got one shipped to me from nyaquatic about 3 inches . When it arrived , he looked in great shape . I have Hard time to get it eating adequately. Very rapidly , he developed pinched belly . Somehow since last week, it started eat more , and gained some weight .

I know I am not out of wood yet . I was wondering why blonde naso tang is hard to keep . I am glad I read this thread . I guess I am not the only one have this problems. If this one can’t make it , I will stop buying blonde naso in the future

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah common problems for them. My attempt #3 is coming up on 3 month period soon. Still eating good. No signs of anything yet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back