Healthy branching hammer?

katiestl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a healthy branching hammer? The dark spots on the bottom are newish and I’m noticing some darker top parts underneath the polyps... what should I do if anything? I did glue this to the rock when I bought it. Is that an issue?
92C85350-F988-44D5-BDF6-72D43E3BEE7A.jpeg

OP
OP
katiestl

katiestl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not fully extended and could be happier. Did you dip it for pests before adding to the tank? How’s your water? It could be to much flow or light. How long ago did you add it?
The store dips before they bag it up so I did not. Added 2/3 weeks ago now. It’s in a higher flow area about halfway down in the tank and under a light. I did bother it for the photo though

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The store dips before they bag it up so I did not. Added 2/3 weeks ago now. It’s in a higher flow area about halfway down in the tank and under a light. I did bother it for the photo though
After 2-3 weeks it should be fully open already. I’d move it to lower flow and light. It can’t hurt. Leave it for a week and see if it looks better. After another week move it into more light if you like... a week at a time. You may have more par than you realize. I’d keep it on the sand bed.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back