Hello again reef life...been a while

MagicPenny

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2025
Messages
45
Reaction score
101
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I just got a ProClear 60 rimless setup and am currently in the process of setting it up. I live in an area that's at least 40 minutes from the nearest saltwater store, so even getting water is a challenge. I am not new to saltwater, but my last reef tank was shut down about 5 years ago.
Currently, I have a 75-gallon FW tank with a few angels and tetras; a 45-gallon goldfish tank with a Ryukin, Oranda, and a Fantail; a samurai betta in a Fluval Spec V; and a 5-gallon half-moon pico reef that I just started up for Christmas. That one was easier to fill since it only took one trip to the store.
It's a hobby or a passion depending on who you ask. My avatar is a tuxedo urchin from my previous reef tank, carrying around a mushroom and a "QC Passed" sticker along with a crab shell. He liked hats.
Here's a pic of my empty tank in my living room. Anyone in Person County have an RO/DI I can borrow? lol
PXL_20250203_002131082.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move
 
Hi all. I just got a ProClear 60 rimless setup and am currently in the process of setting it up. I live in an area that's at least 40 minutes from the nearest saltwater store, so even getting water is a challenge. I am not new to saltwater, but my last reef tank was shut down about 5 years ago.
Currently, I have a 75-gallon FW tank with a few angels and tetras; a 45-gallon goldfish tank with a Ryukin, Oranda, and a Fantail; a samurai betta in a Fluval Spec V; and a 5-gallon half-moon pico reef that I just started up for Christmas. That one was easier to fill since it only took one trip to the store.
It's a hobby or a passion depending on who you ask. My avatar is a tuxedo urchin from my previous reef tank, carrying around a mushroom and a "QC Passed" sticker along with a crab shell. He liked hats.
Here's a pic of my empty tank in my living room. Anyone in Person County have an RO/DI I can borrow? lol
PXL_20250203_002131082.jpg
Welcome to R2R, friend!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new