Hello all! Im back at it after a 5yr break!

Jgerm

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2020
Messages
686
Reaction score
1,127
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as the title states I’m back at reefing! I had a 90g SpS tank for 9yrs and a 20g FOLR tank in college. I had a move that pulled me away from my last reef. Been missing it for a while. I already have a WaterBox frag 105.4 on order and almost all the equipment secured. I’ll be making a build thread and it will be the SpS corals that I loved and missed. Looking forward to chatting with fellow enthusiasts! I will be on the hunt for rare Sps frags in the future so if you have a colony or know someone who does lmk.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Well as the title states I’m back at reefing! I had a 90g SpS tank for 9yrs and a 20g FOLR tank in college. I had a move that pulled me away from my last reef. Been missing it for a while. I already have a WaterBox frag 105.4 on order and almost all the equipment secured. I’ll be making a build thread and it will be the SpS corals that I loved and missed. Looking forward to chatting with fellow enthusiasts! I will be on the hunt for rare Sps frags in the future so if you have a colony or know someone who does lmk.
Back in the hobby?
giphy.gif
 
Welcome back! It will be interesting to get your view on what seems to have changed since you've been gone.
Honestly quite a bit with the technology side. Lights, skimmers, pumps, power heads.... just as an example I had a reef keeper2 on my last tank and it was great for years. Fast forward and now it just seems so antiquated. My lights were Halides and t5 and now it seems most are going with LED. The LEDs were available but now they are everywhere. I had first gen vortechs and now I’m going with Gyre’s. Going to be fun this tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new