Hello all! Im back at it after a 5yr break!

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as the title states I’m back at reefing! I had a 90g SpS tank for 9yrs and a 20g FOLR tank in college. I had a move that pulled me away from my last reef. Been missing it for a while. I already have a WaterBox frag 105.4 on order and almost all the equipment secured. I’ll be making a build thread and it will be the SpS corals that I loved and missed. Looking forward to chatting with fellow enthusiasts! I will be on the hunt for rare Sps frags in the future so if you have a colony or know someone who does lmk.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as the title states I’m back at reefing! I had a 90g SpS tank for 9yrs and a 20g FOLR tank in college. I had a move that pulled me away from my last reef. Been missing it for a while. I already have a WaterBox frag 105.4 on order and almost all the equipment secured. I’ll be making a build thread and it will be the SpS corals that I loved and missed. Looking forward to chatting with fellow enthusiasts! I will be on the hunt for rare Sps frags in the future so if you have a colony or know someone who does lmk.
Back in the hobby?
giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Jgerm

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! It will be interesting to get your view on what seems to have changed since you've been gone.
Honestly quite a bit with the technology side. Lights, skimmers, pumps, power heads.... just as an example I had a reef keeper2 on my last tank and it was great for years. Fast forward and now it just seems so antiquated. My lights were Halides and t5 and now it seems most are going with LED. The LEDs were available but now they are everywhere. I had first gen vortechs and now I’m going with Gyre’s. Going to be fun this tank!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back