Hello from Charlotte, NC

I am in Charlotte and willing to help out if needed. I have full blown SPS taking off. It really does not need to be horrible and complex like supply companies make it out to be. I have a 171 Reef Savvy custom tank with corals from Advanced Aquatic Pets, Battle Corals, and World Wide Corals.

Reef Savvy Tank
ATI 8x 54w T5 dimmable
Orphepk OR3 lBlue Sky Bar
Custome Controller Board
Sicce Sump Pumps
2 X MP40s
2 x Tunze Stream
etc
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF
 
I am in Charlotte and willing to help out if needed. I have full blown SPS taking off. It really does not need to be horrible and complex like supply companies make it out to be. I have a 171 Reef Savvy custom tank with corals from Advanced Aquatic Pets, Battle Corals, and World Wide Corals.

Reef Savvy Tank
ATI 8x 54w T5 dimmable
Orphepk OR3 lBlue Sky Bar
Custome Controller Board
Sicce Sump Pumps
2 X MP40s
2 x Tunze Stream
etc
Thanks! I appreciate it!
 
Welcome to R2R. There's a bunch of us in and around Charlotte, myself included.

I have a very similar tank (72x24x31, eurobraced) and used two reef breeders photon v2+ 32 lights. Love them! Not the simplest light to setup, you have to enter a value for each channel for every hour. But once set, they look and perform beautifully.

There's plenty of people around this area for advice and tanks to look at.

IMG_20210526_102754252.jpg
 
Hi all. I'm coming back into the hobby after almost 20 years. It looks like it has changed A TON. I'm having a tank built by Glasscages for my office and am looking forward to picking it up soon. I plan on having mostly livestock with maybe some corals. I'm planning on doing a NSA aquascape with Marco rock and a 3" sand bed. I'm going with the Synergy Reef V2 Shadow Overflow and I'll be going with their TS-60 Triton Method Sump and an ATO. I'm planning on the Apex for peace of mind since it will be in the office waiting room and I won't be with it all of the time and I like the idea of notifications. Because it's in a public area the stand will have a canopy. I know what I want for most everything. What I could really use is some advice on the lighting. I know that I want LEDs, but there are so many options out there that I'm almost paralyzed by the variety. The tank is 72"L x 24"W x 31"H. I'm interested in thoughts about the lighting. Thanks!

69235.jpeg 69236.jpeg 69992.jpeg 69993.jpeg 69995.jpeg 69998.jpeg 180wide-std-can-side.jpg
Welcome. Looks exciting.
654B3479-A09B-46B6-B186-C31A54152082.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R. There's a bunch of us in and around Charlotte, myself included.

I have a very similar tank (72x24x31, eurobraced) and used two reef breeders photon v2+ 32 lights. Love them! Not the simplest light to setup, you have to enter a value for each channel for every hour. But once set, they look and perform beautifully.

There's plenty of people around this area for advice and tanks to look at.

IMG_20210526_102754252.jpg
That's gorgeous and the exact same dimensions! I'm going to have to have a canopy on mine because it's going to be in a waiting room. I've been considering 3 Radion XR15 on the Eco Tech Multilight RMS track. Did you do the aquascape?
 
Hi and welcome!

Charlotte, eh... Be sure to check out the local clubs — Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte (RASCO) and Carolina Reefing Community (CRC). ;)
Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new