tharbin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Welcome to R2R Aqua Fella,

As said many times already. Patience. Panic or throwing stuff at a problem are very rarely the right answer (if a fish is flopping around on the carpet a little haste may be called for).

Enjoy the journey!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Fish Think Pink

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello! I’m not new to keeping fish (freshwater) but getting back into saltwater aquariums! I just picked up a Fluval Flex 15 and will be upgrading some of the equipment and getting it wet over the next couple of months. So exciting! I’ve been lurking for a while here and I’m learning so much from everyone! Anyway, I’ll start a build thread once I get this thing up and running. What’s once piece of advice that you think will help me in this journey?

Welcome! Glad you joined and WOW you are already planning your build thread - can tell you are going to be successful because that implies a lot of research (and lurking) was already going on in advance of your "Hello"

If you are doing FOWLR then saltwater and freshwater are the same except salt...

If you are doing corals, then my advice is water testing more frequently (daily... I just can't do daily... I've therefore lowered my coral expectations down to what I can handle maintenance wise ongoing for my tank.)

This is a good online reference book type article I still review:

target water parameters

reef water parameters.jpg

TCoach

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Welcome! Glad to have you here on R2R.

With a small tank, I'd recommend always going slow. Think 3x act 1x. Also, remember, a large water change will cure a multitude of "evils" in a small tank. I would try to keep enough saltwater on hand to perform that.

Again, WELCOME!

REEFTIDE
OP
Aqua Fella

Aqua Fella

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Welcome! Glad you joined and WOW you are already planning your build thread - can tell you are going to be successful because that implies a lot of research (and lurking) was already going on in advance of your "Hello"

If you are doing FOWLR then saltwater and freshwater are the same except salt...

If you are doing corals, then my advice is water testing more frequently (daily... I just can't do daily... I've therefore lowered my coral expectations down to what I can handle maintenance wise ongoing for my tank.)

This is a good online reference book type article I still review:

target water parameters

reef water parameters.jpg
Thank you for the info!

acropora4u!

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello! I’m not new to keeping fish (freshwater) but getting back into saltwater aquariums! I just picked up a Fluval Flex 15 and will be upgrading some of the equipment and getting it wet over the next couple of months. So exciting! I’ve been lurking for a while here and I’m learning so much from everyone! Anyway, I’ll start a build thread once I get this thing up and running. What’s once piece of advice that you think will help me in this journey?
Welcome. I'm in NC as well. We are all here now

ying yang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello and welcome,hope all is well.
Advice would be do lots lots research to arm yourself with knowledge to make your saltwater journey run more smoothly and incase run into any problems whether that's from water parameters,pests, dieseses or whatever it is and more importantly enjoy your tank ^_^

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Duncan62

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It's a long term thing if you want success. No instant gratification in reefing. Good luck .

kzenoni

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Welcome to the fam!

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

attiland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Have you ever torn down a tank over an issue you couldn't seem to beat?

• Yes! I have. (Tell us about what issue you faced in the thread.)

Votes: 105 24.9%
  • No. Thankfully, I haven't.

Votes: 215 51.1%
  • Nope, but it almost happened. (Share your experience in the thread.)

Votes: 30 7.1%
  • Not yet, but I'm almost there. (Tell us what you're dealing with.)

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • If you reef long enough, this will eventually happen to you.

Votes: 30 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.2%
Underwater Creations, Inc.