Hello from North Carolina!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m not new to keeping fish (freshwater) but getting back into saltwater aquariums! I just picked up a Fluval Flex 15 and will be upgrading some of the equipment and getting it wet over the next couple of months. So exciting! I’ve been lurking for a while here and I’m learning so much from everyone! Anyway, I’ll start a build thread once I get this thing up and running. What’s once piece of advice that you think will help me in this journey?

Welcome! Glad you joined and WOW you are already planning your build thread - can tell you are going to be successful because that implies a lot of research (and lurking) was already going on in advance of your "Hello"

If you are doing FOWLR then saltwater and freshwater are the same except salt...

If you are doing corals, then my advice is water testing more frequently (daily... I just can't do daily... I've therefore lowered my coral expectations down to what I can handle maintenance wise ongoing for my tank.)

This is a good online reference book type article I still review:

target water parameters

reef water parameters.jpg

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad to have you here on R2R.

With a small tank, I'd recommend always going slow. Think 3x act 1x. Also, remember, a large water change will cure a multitude of "evils" in a small tank. I would try to keep enough saltwater on hand to perform that.

Again, WELCOME!

OP
OP
Aqua Fella

Aqua Fella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined and WOW you are already planning your build thread - can tell you are going to be successful because that implies a lot of research (and lurking) was already going on in advance of your "Hello"

If you are doing FOWLR then saltwater and freshwater are the same except salt...

If you are doing corals, then my advice is water testing more frequently (daily... I just can't do daily... I've therefore lowered my coral expectations down to what I can handle maintenance wise ongoing for my tank.)

This is a good online reference book type article I still review:

target water parameters

reef water parameters.jpg
Thank you for the info!

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m not new to keeping fish (freshwater) but getting back into saltwater aquariums! I just picked up a Fluval Flex 15 and will be upgrading some of the equipment and getting it wet over the next couple of months. So exciting! I’ve been lurking for a while here and I’m learning so much from everyone! Anyway, I’ll start a build thread once I get this thing up and running. What’s once piece of advice that you think will help me in this journey?
Welcome. I'm in NC as well. We are all here now

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome,hope all is well.
Advice would be do lots lots research to arm yourself with knowledge to make your saltwater journey run more smoothly and incase run into any problems whether that's from water parameters,pests, dieseses or whatever it is and more importantly enjoy your tank ^_^

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a long term thing if you want success. No instant gratification in reefing. Good luck .

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fam!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.2%
Back