0   0   0
Family Fam GIF by Paramount Network

ghostmantank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm kinda new to the hobby. About 2 years, from Tallahassee and my go to local is Hightide Aquarium ran By Mr. Scott Luck, close friend at this point. I had a couple of Nanos with good success before my current setup.

I have made 1 post previously on the forum about dinos but I beat them just by dosing phosphates (didn't imagine it'd be simple, got super lucky).

I have an 80 gallon display, 100 gallon total lagoon system. 40"W×36"L×14"T, and 40 gallon sump. Started August 1st. (See pics)

60 lbs of reef grade sand, about 60 lbs of rock, 40 of which was existing rock in a 3 year old Acro tank gifted to me by Mr. Luck.
Bubble Magus Curve 5, DIY algea scrubber (12"×7" surface light of both sides. 950 gallon return and two OW-40's.
Lights I'm running are two Ocean Revive T247B, 120 watt Leds.

Livestock: One Spot Foxface, Sailfin Tang, Pintail Fairy Wrasse, Blue Star Leopard Wrasse, 2 Banggai Cardinals, Mandarin Dragonet, and an Orange Prawn Goby.
Various Corals and such.

I love this hobby and hope to aquaculture my own corals and get into the business. Your guys input on this forum has been life saving.
Welcome to the site tons of help and interaction here!!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm kinda new to the hobby. About 2 years, from Tallahassee and my go to local is Hightide Aquarium ran By Mr. Scott Luck, close friend at this point. I had a couple of Nanos with good success before my current setup.

I have made 1 post previously on the forum about dinos but I beat them just by dosing phosphates (didn't imagine it'd be simple, got super lucky).

I have an 80 gallon display, 100 gallon total lagoon system. 40"W×36"L×14"T, and 40 gallon sump. Started August 1st. (See pics)

60 lbs of reef grade sand, about 60 lbs of rock, 40 of which was existing rock in a 3 year old Acro tank gifted to me by Mr. Luck.
Bubble Magus Curve 5, DIY algea scrubber (12"×7" surface light of both sides. 950 gallon return and two OW-40's.

Livestock: One Spot Foxface, Sailfin Tang, Pintail Fairy Wrasse, Blue Star Leopard Wrasse, 2 Banggai Cardinals, Mandarin Dragonet, and an Orange Prawn Goby.
Various Corals and such.

I love this hobby and hope to aquaculture my own corals and get into the business. Your guys input on this forum has been life saving.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Various Corals and such.

Welcome! Glad you joined. LOVE your goals! Good luck to you!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm kinda new to the hobby. About 2 years, from Tallahassee ...

Welcome to R2R !

I agree the community here is priceless. I seem to learn a new bit of information daily.

Best wishes for 2022 with your tank and aspirations,
Jim

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back