tenor22.gif

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ski ???

No....I open water fish Lake Champlain until the lake freezes, then do some icefishing and of course do most of my reefing projects during the winter, hopefully working on a better WC station and dosing setup this winter.

Todvod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Al, welcome. I second or third, maybe forth, looking at getting a setup around Black Friday. Your timing is perfect. Do some research and be ready to pull the trigger. I pulled the trigger last year and got an SCA PNP system. So I’m new too. This forum has been very very helpful. And of course all the great BRS videos. Definitely start watching those. Best wishes!!!

OP
OP
Jack D

Jack D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am leaning towards a 40 gal tank and a Penn Plex canaster filter they have one for 65 gal and 150 gal ( which is cheaper) and more canaseters for media but would the 150 gal filter be over powering for a 40 gal tank ?

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Jack D. Delighted to have you here. As others have said, there are a lot of sales from now until after Christmas, so make a list, check it twice, and buy your stuff on sale. Lots of sponsors here have discounts if you want to shop online. Otherwise you might want to make a road trip to a big city.

I have very fond memories of spending a month in Vermont with friends on the shore of Lake Champlain, when my son was baby, about 30 years ago.

Welcome. Be sure to start a "build" thread in the build subforum so we can all watch your progress. You'll find a lot of warm and helpful folks here.

crabcheerleadergiphy.gif

Warmly,
Seawitch

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back