Hello

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone. Just want to give a big shout out to everyone on this forum. Just doing searches I have been learning so much and I appreciate all the information everyone has to offer. I have decided to start a reef aquarium and I have always been the kind to go big or go home. I recently acquired a 210g tank with a 90g sump. The last salt water tank I had was a 45g and it went ok but it was alot of work.

So now starting out with a significantly larger tank, I know that I'm up for a challenge. This tank I'm cleaning up and getting ready to start, has one over flow (the other was removed and holes covered up.) My question is, would it be ok to use one sump and maybe make a PVC pipe overflow to reach the other side of the tank? The plumbing that flows to the sump is maybe only 1" what makes me think the flow to the pump will be insufficient. Any ideas will deffinately be appreciated.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone. Just want to give a big shout out to everyone on this forum. Just doing searches I have been learning so much and I appreciate all the information everyone has to offer. I have decided to start a reef aquarium and I have always been the kind to go big or go home. I recently acquired a 210g tank with a 90g sump. The last salt water tank I had was a 45g and it went ok but it was alot of work.

So now starting out with a significantly larger tank, I know that I'm up for a challenge. This tank I'm cleaning up and getting ready to start, has one over flow (the other was removed and holes covered up.) My question is, would it be ok to use one sump and maybe make a PVC pipe overflow to reach the other side of the tank? The plumbing that flows to the sump is maybe only 1" what makes me think the flow to the pump will be insufficient. Any ideas will deffinately be appreciated.
Welcome to R2R!
tenor.gif
#WelcometoR2R
Can you provide us with pictures of the setup so we can better understand what you're trying to do :) We love pictures ;)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A preview of the my aquarium room.

20180623_185112.jpg
that's going to look amazing when it's done. I'm really hoping to do something similar in my next home. But that's a couple years down the road :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back