OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know the reason for the blocking off of the other holes? I think what i'd do instead is use the two holes in the overflow for returns, and drill a new return on the back wall of the other side of the tank :)
There is only one open hole in the overflow. You think I should open the other one and have 2 drains to the sump and 1 return from sump?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is only one open hole in the overflow. You think I should open the other one and have 2 drains to the sump and 1 return from sump?
Now that I look closer at the pictures I can see that second hole is blocked off. If you're able to open it that is what I would do. But if its siliconed on you risk cracking the glass especially in such a tight space. #reefsquad any thoughts on what the OP should do? Would removing the overflow weir be feasible? Remove the overflow, remove the block off. And then re silicone the weir back in after you're done.

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I look closer at the pictures I can see that second hole is blocked off. If you're able to open it that is what I would do. But if its siliconed on you risk cracking the glass especially in such a tight space. #reefsquad any thoughts on what the OP should do? Would removing the overflow weir be feasible? Remove the overflow, remove the block off. And then re silicone the weir back in after you're done.
I would definitely like to open both sides up, but the only thing is I don't know how to get the glass plates up. The silicone is plastered all over the bottom. Tried to get a razor under the plate but can't. I'm running out of ideas. I could drill it all out again but I think if I put bulkheads in there a better chance of leaking.

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely like to open both sides up, but the only thing is I don't know how to get the glass plates up. The silicone is plastered all over the bottom. Tried to get a razor under the plate but can't. I'm running out of ideas. I could drill it all out again but I think if I put bulkheads in there a better chance of leaking.
I think what I will need to do is cut the holes out to 72mm and get the largest bulkhead for 2" then I can bushing down to what I need to. This way both holes will be cut new and I should be able to properly seal everything up.

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquarium room is coming along nicely. Hopefully in the next couple days walls will be covered. Going to give the inside of the room a quick paint to seal everything up as I wont be completely finishing the inside.. what do you guys do for humidity?

20180702_185054.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back